The use of pain medication is quite common and frequent for many people. In addition to the rapid pain relief within 15 minutes after traditional painkillers, it only lasts for 1 hour. Acetaminophen is also highly recommended for the safety of pregnant women, or those taking the drug on an empty stomach.
However, the use of drugs is limited to ensure the highest safety and effectiveness. The following article will give you information about the use of Acetaminophen. From there we will have a solution to the question of how long does acetaminophen stay in your system?
MECHANISMS TO MAXIMIZE SAFETY WHEN TAKING ACETAMINOPHEN
To increase the effectiveness and reduce the unwanted effects of Acetaminophen. Modern medicine has discovered and successfully tested the mechanism of “slow release” for Acetaminophen and has successfully applied in many countries.
The new mechanism allows Acetaminophen to relieve pain quickly in 15 minutes instead of over an hour as traditional medicine.
Initially, about 50% of Acetaminophen will be released from the tablet and absorbed into the patient’s blood, thereby reducing fever and pain within the first 15 minutes after ingestion.
In the next 45 minutes, about 25-30% of acetaminophen stays in your system will be absorbed into the bloodstream. They have the effect of maintaining the amount of drug in the patient’s body, helping the patient get rid of the fever and get rid of the pain. The remaining acetaminophen, about 70%, will continue to be released in about 120 minutes. Also, acetaminophen has a long-lasting effect and lasts up to eight hours, which will help patients with no fever and pain within that period.
The “slow release” mechanism is to release the released drug slowly into the bloodstream. This mechanism has been fully calculated to ensure the maximum effect of acetaminophen. At the same time, during the time the drug works, liver of the patient may be sufficient time to produce sulfate, glucuronic, glutathione.
These are substances that can neutralize, remove substances that can cause liver necrosis – NAPQI (N-acetyl-p-benzoquinone imine). This substance is caused by acetaminophen oxidized by cytochrome P450 in the liver.
Therefore, with the mechanism of “slow release” will help the liver less vulnerable to the frequent and frequent use of Acetaminophen. However, the doctor should also prescribe pain medication with acetaminophen continuously for no more than 7 days. If you are sensitive to the ingredients in your medicine, or when acetaminophen stays in your system, you feel your body speaks. I think you should see your doctor and ask for advice.
SOME NOTE WHEN USING ACETAMINOPHEN
Do not use it when you have no fever over 38.5 degrees Celsius, between 7-10 days, and when you have no pain. In this case, you are only allowed to use it when you have a doctor’s appointment.
In cases of a headache, toothache, joint pain, fall pain, trauma… If you have to take acetaminophen, it should be noted that the medication will work after about 15-30 minutes. Acetaminophen stays in your system, and it will work for 3-4 hours, so take it after at least 4 hours.
Do not use the drug when you are using alcohol or drugs. Or when using drugs, we must also completely avoid the toxic substances on. The use of alcoholic beverages when using acetaminophen is very dangerous for the user.
If you are hypersensitive to the ingredients in the medicine, use the medicine must be authorized and on the advice of the doctor. People with heart disease, lung, kidney, liver absolutely should not use this drug.
You should immediately see your doctor or go to the nearest emergency room if you notice unusual symptoms and suspect you have had too much Acetaminophen.
Taking pain medication when you have symptoms of pain or high fever is not a bad thing. However, taking it and not knowing how long does Acetaminophen stay in your system is dangerous. It is important to seek information about your medication, and if you want to be safe, consult your doctor if necessary.