Steps to Make Super Quick Homemade Pork and prawn wonton soup
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Pork and prawn wonton soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pork and prawn wonton soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all understand that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the conclusion of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally delightful salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some tips to be as healthy as possible.
Take the stairs. Instead of picking the elevator, ascend the stairs to your floor. This isn’t as effortless to do if you work on a very high floor but if you work on a lower floor, making use of the stairs is a superb way to get some extra exercise. If you do work on a extremely high floor, why not get off the elevator a couple of floors early and walk the rest of the way? Most people will decide to be sluggish and take an elevator instead of opting for exercise on the stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a handful of times a day—can be just the extra boost that your system needs.
There are plenty of things you can do to become healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or restricted diets. Little things, when done every day, can do a lot to enable you to get healthy and lose pounds. Being clever when you choose your food and actions is where it begins. A proper amount of physical activity each day is also critical. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. You want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pork and prawn wonton soup recipe. You can cook pork and prawn wonton soup using 33 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Pork and prawn wonton soup:
- You need of For the filling:.
- Provide 500 g of mince pork – at least 10% to 20% fat content (or 250g pork belly minced mixed with 250g minced pork, (optional) this makes the filling more succulent).
- Take 7-8 of raw king prawns, minced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of soy sauce (add more or less depending on preference).
- Get 2 tablespoons of fish sauce (nam pla, add more or less depending on preference).
- Get 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Shaoshing rice wine.
- Use 2 of garlic cloves, finely chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 slices of ginger, grated (use more or less depending on preference).
- You need 1-2 stalks of spring onion, finely chopped (add more or less depending on preference).
- You need To taste of fine salt (optional, if mixture needs slightly more seasoning).
- Provide 2 packets of wonton wrappers.
- Get 1/2 cup of water (to seal the wontons).
- Prepare of Flour for dusting wontons (if freezing wontons).
- Use of Microwave lid cover (to prevent wontons drying out).
- Get of For the soup:.
- You need 3 tablespoon of cooking oil (to saute the ingredients).
- You need 1 of small white onion, finely sliced.
- Use 1-2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Take 1-2 of large ginger, slices.
- Take 2 stalks of spring onions, sliced in half.
- Use 3 teaspoons of chicken stock (add more or less depending on preference).
- Use 6 cups of water.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of light soy sauce (add more or less depending on preference).
- Provide 2 teaspoons of sesame oil (add more or less depending on preference).
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of white ground pepper (add more or less depending on preference).
- Use of For garnish:.
- Provide of Soup:.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of spring onions, finely sliced.
- Get of Chilli oil and black rice vinegar dressing:.
- Get 1-2 teaspoons of garlic and sesame chilli oil (or any chilli oil of choice).
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of light soy sauce (add more or less depending on preference).
- Take 1-2 teaspoons of black rice vinegar (add more or less depending on preference).
Instructions to make Pork and prawn wonton soup:
- Place the minced pork in a large bowl. Add soy sauce, fish sauce, ground white pepper and shaoshing rice wine. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly stirring in one direction with chopsticks..
- Wash the prawns, peel and remove the heads. With a knife, slit down the top center of the prawns to de-vein. Once all of the prawns have been de-veined, rinse under water..
- Roughly chop the prawns with a meat cleaver into a mince. Using a meat cleaver, pound the prawns to make a paste. Transfer to the mixing bowl with the mince pork and mix well together..
- Once the mixture is well incorporated and sticky, add the finely chopped spring onions, minced garlic and grated ginger to the mixing bowl. Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly..
- Transfer the mixture to a sealable food bag and set aside in fridge for an hour or overnight to marinade. When ready to use, take out the wonton mixture and place in a bowl. Tip: when ready to use mixture, in a small pan place a teaspoon of wonton mixture in there. On medium heat cook the mixture and taste. If more seasoning is required adjust as necessary (add more soy, white pepper or salt (optional) depending on preference)..
- Place the wonton wrappers on a plate and fill a small bowl with water. Dust a large plate with a small amount of flour, find a tall lid (like a microwave lid) that covers the plate along with a small board for making the wontons on. Tip: When not using, keep wonton wrappers covered with a tea towel or paper towel to prevent them drying out..
- For the ‘ruffled purse’ shape, place a wonton wrapper on the chopping board in a diamond orientation. Place one and a half teaspoons of wonton mixture in the middle of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper in half to form a triangular shape (see picture 2, the half does not perfectly join in the middle). Press and push out the air pockets and then wet the edges of the wontons..
- Pleat the top of the wonton, make between 3 to 5 pleats (depending on how ‘ruffled’ you want the wontons). Press the top of the pleats to seal tightly. Transfer to the lightly dusted plate and coat wontons with a tiny amount of flour, then cover with the microwave lid to prevent them drying out. Repeat steps 6 – 7 until all of the filling and wonton wrappers have been used..
- Once all of the wontons have been made, place the uncooked wontons to be frozen in airtight containers. This helps the wontons keep their shape when cooking and also adds to a better texture..
- For wonton soup, on medium heat, add cooking oil to the stockpot. Now add onions, garlic, ginger and spring onion stalks and sauté until soft. Add the chicken stock and water, bring to a boil, then add soy sauce, sesame oil and white pepper and stir. Reduc
e to medium low heat and simmer for 5-8 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse..
- Turn the heat up to high and add the wontons. For fresh wontons cook for 4-5 minutes (not from frozen). For frozen wontons cook for 6-10 minutes, or until they float, they should look like gorgeous golden nuggets! Sir occasionally, once wontons have cooked turn the heat off..
- Remove wontons from the stockpot with a slotted spoon and place in serving bowl. Ladle over the broth and garnish with the sliced tops of the spring onions. You can serve as a soup or with egg noodles..
- You can also serve wontons as a Dim Sum style side dish covered with spicy sauce. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the wontons for 4-5 minutes or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon and place in a serving bowl. Add one teaspoon each of chilli oil, soy sauce and black vinegar, garnish with sliced spring onions and mix..
Not too much filling or it will be harder to wrap. Chop cilantro and set aside to serve with the soup. Cut the shrimp into smaller pieces, and then cut them into even smaller pieces (almost like paste). In a large bowl, combine the pork, shrimp, and chopped green onion. Grate fresh ginger and add to the mixture.
If you find this Pork and prawn wonton soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.