How to Prepare Homemade Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style)
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy and balanced.
Choose water over other products. Sipping a soda or cup of coffee from time to time won’t hurt you too badly. It is, however, a bad idea to exclusively drink soda or coffee. Choosing water instead of other beverage adds to your body’s health and helps it stay hydrated. This also helps you reduce your caloric intake by hundreds of points without having to buy and eat disgusting diet foods. Productive weight loss efforts often depend exclusively on water consumption.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy. Extensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the answer. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart about the decisions you make each day is a start. Wanting to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about slimming down. It has more to do with making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to prawn / shrimps biryani (indian style) recipe. To make prawn / shrimps biryani (indian style) you only need 37 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style):
- Provide of For Marination 500 g Prawns cleaned and de-veined.
- You need of Yogurt whisked.
- Provide of Kashmiri Red Chilli powder.
- Get of Turmeric powder.
- Get of Green Chillies slit.
- You need of Fried Onions.
- Prepare of Garam Masala powder.
- Take of Garlic Paste.
- Take of Ginger Paste.
- Take of Coriander powder.
- Get of Cinnamon stick.
- Prepare of Cardamom.
- You need of Cloves.
- Get of Black peppercorns.
- Use of Mace crushed.
- Get of Nutmeg grated.
- Take of Oil.
- Provide of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Provide of Salt.
- You need of to cook prawns.
- Use of Onion large sized, finely sliced.
- You need of Tomato large sized, sliced.
- Provide of coriander leaves chopped.
- Use of mint leaves chopped.
- Prepare of rice.
- You need of for rice.
- You need of Long grain basmati rice soaked for 30 mins.
- You need of bay leaf.
- Prepare of lemon juice.
- Take of Cinnamon stick.
- Get of Salt.
- Take of Oil.
- Use of Water as required.
- Get of for layering.
- Use of Fried onions.
- Prepare of generous pinch of saffron soaked in 2 tbsp water.
- You need of desi ghee.
Steps to make Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style):
- Marinating Prawn In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients well. Add prawns, mix. Cover and allow it to marinade for 30 mins under refrigeration…
- Cooking The Prawn Heat 3 tbsps of oil in heavy bottom pan. (we will slow cook the biryani in same pot, so choose the one with tight fitting lid). Then, add sliced onions and fry until just starts picking up golden colour. Add bay leaf and sliced tomatoes and sauté on high heat for another minute..
- Then, add marinated prawns and and mix. Cook on high heat for minute and then low heat for 3 minutes. Do not add any water and do not over cook the prawns. Add coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix..
- Boiling Rice In a large pot, add enough water. Add bay leaves, oil, lemon juice and salt. Bring it to a boil. Add rice and cook until the rice is 70% done..
- Layering The Prawn Biryani Now, top the prawns with fried onions. When the rice is 70% done, using a large colander or slotted spoon take out the rice and layer it evenly over the prawns layer. Sprinkle the melted ghee over the rice layer. Sprinkle the saffron water and cover the pot with the tight fitting lid..
- Place the pot over a high flame and cook for 5-7 minutes. Place hot tava/griddle below the pot and keep it for Dum(slow cook) for another 10-12 minutes. After 15 minutes, switch off the heat and leave as it is for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, open the lid, dish out yummy hot prawn biryani and serve with raita of your choice..
- Notes Allow the rice to soak for 30 minutes Do not use too thick or too watery yogurt. It should be just thick enough to cook the prawns without water. Marinate the prawns for 30 minutes to deepen the flavour. Use heavy bottom pot with tight fitting lid to make biryani..
If you find this Prawn / shrimps Biryani (Indian style) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.