Steps to Make Homemade Roasted Garlic Baba Ganoush
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Roasted Garlic Baba Ganoush recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Roasted Garlic Baba Ganoush recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Garlic Baba Ganoush recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. The worst part is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, most of us want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With training you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some tips to be as healthful as possible.
Go up the stairs. Rather than using an elevator, take the stairs to the floor you live or work on. Obviously this isn’t as plausible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a fantastic way to get some exercise in. If you do work on a extremely high floor, why not get off the elevator a few floors earlier and walk the rest of the way? So many people pick the elevator over hiking even a single flight of stairs. Even just a single flight of stairs, when travelled up or down a few times a day–can be a great improvement to your system.
There are a lot of things that factor into getting healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. You can do tiny things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart about the selections you make each day is a start. Trying to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. It is more about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted garlic baba ganoush recipe. To cook roasted garlic baba ganoush you only need 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Roasted Garlic Baba Ganoush:
- You need of large or 3 small eggplants.
- Get of garlic.
- Get of olive oil.
- Get of Tahini to taste.
- Use of small lemon or 1 lime.
- You need of ground cumin.
- Prepare of salt.
- Prepare of Cayenne pepper or paprika to garnish.
- Provide of Optional- fresh parsley, cilantro, or basil to garnish.
Instructions to make Roasted Garlic Baba Ganoush:
- If you have a big eggplant, cut it in half lengthwise. Leave thinner/smaller eggplants whole. Poke with a knife or fork in several places..
- Put 3-4 garlic cloves, unpeeled, inside of a small pieces of aluminum foil and pour in a glug (1 Tbsp-ish) of olive oil along with it. Close foil around garlic (make sure oil won't leak out)..
- Lay eggplant(s) on a pan (skin-side up if you cut them) along with garlic. I brushed it with just a little olive oil to keep it from drying out. Broil, grill, or roast for about 40-50 minutes (My oven was set to broil at 500°F/260°C.) If baking in oven, bake 40-60 min. at 400°F/200°C, skin side up..
- Remove garlic after 20-25 minutes so it doesn't burn. The cloves should be soft inside their skins. Cook the eggplants for the remaining time until skin is starting to blacken and flesh is very soft..
- When they're soft enough, remove eggplants and let cool until you can touch them. Scoop out flesh away from skin and put into a large bowl. Mash with fork..
- Squeeze or scoop out roasted garlic cloves from their skins and mash into eggplant. If you end up burning one or two like me, you can finely chop a fresh garlic clove to replaces it 😉 It'll look a little gross at first, but once everything is mixed, it'll be okay, hehe..
- Add 2-4 Tbsp of tahini (depending how much sesame taste you like) and 1/4 tsp ground cumin. Mix well. Squeeze lemon or lime and add 2-3 Tablespoons, mix and taste. Add more for more tartness. (I used a whole lime, about 4 Tbsp). Last, mix in salt until it tastes good too you :).
- Garnish with a dash of cayenne or paprika for color or spice, and some chopped herbs like parsley, basil, cilantro, etc. Enjoy as a dip or sandwich spread!.
If you find this Roasted Garlic Baba Ganoush recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.