Simple Way to Make Quick Scones (sweet biscuits) for Strawberry Shortcake
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Scones (sweet biscuits) for Strawberry Shortcake recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Scones (sweet biscuits) for Strawberry Shortcake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Scones (sweet biscuits) for Strawberry Shortcake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t always enough time or energy for us to really do the things we want to do. Working out at the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. People crave sweets and salts, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be thankful to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super difficult. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some basic ways to get healthful.
Walk up the stairs. Rather than riding an elevator, walk up the stairs to the floor you live or work on. Obviously this isn’t as plausible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a fantastic way to get some exercise in. If you do work on a super high floor, why not get off the elevator a couple of floors early and walk the rest of the way? Most people will choose to be sluggish and take an elevator instead of opting for exercise on the stairs. Even if you only have a single flight to climb, climbing up and down it during the day is a great way to get additional exercise.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or limited diets. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart about the decisions you make each day is a start. Wanting to get in as much exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about losing weight. You really want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to scones (sweet biscuits) for strawberry shortcake recipe. To cook scones (sweet biscuits) for strawberry shortcake you need 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Scones (sweet biscuits) for Strawberry Shortcake:
- Provide 1 cup of AP flour.
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar, plus more for sprinkling.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of baking powder.
- Use 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 tbsp of cold butter, cubed.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of half-and-half, plus more for brushing.
Instructions to make Scones (sweet biscuits) for Strawberry Shortcake:
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In cold glass bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt..
- Add cold butter and blend with a cold pastry blender or fork until coarse meal is formed..
- Add half-and-half and mix gently with a fork or spatula just until incorporated. It should still be kinda crumbly and that's the way you want it..
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and fold over a couple of times just until it holds together..
- Pat to about 3/4 inch thick and cut into 4 3" biscuits. Mine were a little thinner, so I got 5 biscuits..
- Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush tops with half-and-half and sprinkle with sugar..
- Bake 12-15 minutes. Cool on wire rack..
- For strawberry shortcake: Split biscuit, add mascerbated strawberries with syrup on bottom biscuit. Add whipped cream then biscuit top..
The most common use for these sweet biscuits at our house has always been as the base for summer shortcake desserts, especially Strawberry Shortcake. We use whatever fresh fruit or berries are in season to make these delicious, easy desserts; peaches, nectaries, plums, cherries, blackberries, raspberries…whatever you like. Slice the biscuits open and spoon the berries and a dollop of whipped cream onto the bottom halves, before topping with the top half of the biscuit. Add extra whipped cream and berries on top and. The liquid used in a shortcake recipe is milk or cream to tenderize and add richness like with a scone.
If you find this Scones (sweet biscuits) for Strawberry Shortcake recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.