Easiest Way to Prepare Quick Gumbo
Gumbo. Easy Delicious Seafood Gumbo Recipe: Seafood Gumbo With Shrimp Crab meat & Okra. Duck Sausage Shrimp Gumbo Recipe – Cajun Gumbo with Andouille, Duck Leg, Shrimp and Langoustine. Gumbo is one of the most famous dishes to result from Louisiana's shared Creole-Cajun heritage.
Gumbo is a true melting pot dish. Originating in Louisiana it combines the cuisines and ingredients of several cultures including West African, French, German, and Choctaw. See more ideas about Gumbo, Gumbo recipe, Cooking recipes.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, gumbo. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Gumbo is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Gumbo is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Easy Delicious Seafood Gumbo Recipe: Seafood Gumbo With Shrimp Crab meat & Okra. Duck Sausage Shrimp Gumbo Recipe – Cajun Gumbo with Andouille, Duck Leg, Shrimp and Langoustine. Gumbo is one of the most famous dishes to result from Louisiana's shared Creole-Cajun heritage.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook gumbo using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Gumbo:
- Get 1 box of Zatarain's gumbo mix with rice.
- Prepare 6 cups of Water.
- Make ready 1 cup of Chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 of Diced potatoes.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Parsley flakes.
- Prepare 2 bags of small, tail-off peeled shrimp (100-150 in each bag).
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 1/2 of Polish sausage.
- Get 2 cups of crab meat.
- Take 2 cups of frozen okra.
- Get 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Red crushed peppers.
- Make ready 5 of Hardboiled eggs (Optional).
- Get of Seafood seasoning.
Save this Filé gumbo lasagna recipe and more from Kevin Belton's New Orleans Celebrations to your own online collection at. Make gumbo like the real Cajuns do! Gumbo, which originated in southern Louisiana, can be defined as a soup of meat and/or shellfish and rice. It is always seasoned with garlic, onions, and ground.
Steps to make Gumbo:
- Add 6 cups of water, 1 cup of chicken broth, eggs, and gumbo mix into a big pot (under low heat).
- After it starts to boil add parsley flakes and bay leaf.
- Make sure to stir frequently to keep your food from sticking.
- Rinse shrimp in cold water for about 5 minutes then sprinkle with seafood seasoning.
- Add potatoes, crab meat, polish sausage, shrimp, chicken breast, and frozen okra then stir.
- Add red crushed peppers.
- Place a lid on the pot. Let it cook for about 30 minutes or until rice is done.
- Enjoy :-).
Shrimp Gumbo is like a trip to New Orleans without the plane ticket. The secret is in the slow-cooked roux — don't skip it! Serve with white rice for soaking up the rich sauce. This Authentic New Orleans Gumbo is made with a dark roux, vegetables, chicken, sausage, and shrimp, and served over rice. This is a beloved recipe shared with me by a native New Orleanian. gumbo. dervived from the west african word "gombo" for okra; a stew comprised of the holy trinity in cajun/creole cooking (onions, bell peppers, and tomatoes) cajun spices, okra, bay leaves.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food gumbo recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!