Step-by-Step Guide to Make Any-night-of-the-week Mike's Green Chile Stew
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Mike's Green Chile Stew recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Green Chile Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Green Chile Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Spending less Inside the Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the surroundings. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and the shared burden we have for turning things around. According to the experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some improvements. This needs to happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. Continue reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
Refrigerators and freezers use a lot of electricity, particularly when they are not running as efficiently as they should. When you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old ones which might be more than ten years old. The appropriate temperature for food is 37F in the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use much less electricity. You can easily minimize how often the motor has to run by frequently cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
As you can see, there are many little things that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. It is pretty easy to live green, after all. Largely, all it requires is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's green chile stew recipe. You can have mike's green chile stew using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mike's Green Chile Stew:
- Prepare of Green Chili Stew.
- Prepare of Lean Hamburger Meat (or pork, beef or chicken).
- You need of Bucket Frozen Hatch Green Chile (die hards put in 2+ lbs).
- Get of Beef Broth.
- Prepare of Celery Stalks With Leaves (diced).
- Take of Garlic Bulb (finely minced).
- Use of Fresh Parsley (chopoed).
- Use of Green Tomatoes (crushed).
- Provide of Fresh Tomato (diced or 1 can Rotell).
- Use of Fresh Jalapeños (finely diced).
- Provide of Onions (diced).
- You need of Bunch Cilantro (chopped. reserve 1 handful for end of simmer).
- Take of Cayenne Pepper.
- Get of Red Pepper Flakes.
- Provide of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- Provide of Dried Basil.
- You need of Black Pepper.
- Provide of Onion Powder.
- Use of Mexican Oregano [or less since this spice has a powerful taste].
- Get of Bay Leaf.
- Prepare of Idaho Potatoes (diced).
- Take of Roasted, Peeled And De-Seeded Hatch Green Chili's.
- Get of Fresh Flour Tortillas.
Steps to make Mike's Green Chile Stew:
- In a large pot, add everything except for the 8 Roasted Hatch Peppers, Potatoes and Hamburger. Boil for approximately 45 minutes. You may not need all 3 boxes of beef broth..
- Fry hamburger meat in a separate pan. Leave hamburger in larger chunks. Drain if necessary. Place in pot with vegetables..
- Once vegetables are getting semi soft, add diced potatoes..
- Boil an additional 30 minutes..
- In the last 15 minutes of simmering, add your 8 Roasted Hatch Green Chili's (peeled and de-seeded) and your remaining Cilantro to the simmering pot..
- Some of the flavors in your spices can deplete with long simmer times. With this, I taste test to see if I need more Cumin or Italian Seasoning just prior to serving. I also add Garlic and Onion Powder as well but that's totally up to you. ;0).
- Since you're using green tomatoes, your stew may taste too acidic. Instead of adding sugar to remedy the acid, add 1/4 tsp Baking Soda to your boiling pot and mix in. Be careful since the sodas reaction will cause your stew to foam up and possibly over momentarily if pot is filled too high. Repeat 1/4 tsp at a time until you're pleased with the acidity level. A general rule of thumb is 1/4 tsp Baking Soda per every 6 Tomatillos or Red Tomatoes..
- Serve hot with warm flour Tortillas. The Tortillas are meant to tear and dip into your stew..
- Authors Note: This recipe containing hamburger meat is the cheapest version of this dish and it's quite common for larger families with compromised incomes here in New Mexico. You can make this stew with pork shoulder 1" cubes or sirloin cuts. Even chicken is an option. However, if you do choose pork or beef cuts, your stew will require at least 2 hours simmer time. You will also want to lightly season flour your meat with the spices already listed above and brown it with your garlic and onions. Then place them in your broth and additions..
- If you're interested in purchasing Hatch Green Chile's, Google, "Hatch, NM Green or Red Chile's for sale.".
If you find this Mike's Green Chile Stew recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.