Recipe of Homemade Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally delightful salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required exercise and healthy food. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy and balanced.
Make smart choices when shopping for groceries. Making good decisions when obtaining food means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to deal with a hectic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to go home and make a little something from your kitchen. Your home should be filled with healthy foods and ingredients. By doing this, even when you decide that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are plenty of things you can go after to become healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being smart about the choices you make each day is a start. A good amount of physical activity each day is also important. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. You want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala plum/fruit cake recipe. You can have kerala plum/fruit cake using 17 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake:
- Provide 125 grams of Butter, softened.
- Take 110 grams of Caster sugar.
- Provide 75 grams of Sugar for caramel syrup.
- You need 60 millilitres of water Hot.
- Prepare 2 of numbers Egg white.
- Get 2 of numbers Egg yolk.
- Get 150 grams of Plain flour.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- Take 1/8 teaspoon of Salt.
- Take 1 teaspoon of Vanilla essence.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Lime juice.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Pineapple jam.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of dried fruits Mixed, chopped.
- Provide 1/4 cup of Cashew nuts, chopped (lightly roasted).
- Take 60 millilitres of Dark rum.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of Spice powder.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of Orange peel, dried and powdered.
Steps to make Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake:
- Preheat oven at 180 °C for 15 minutes. Line base and sides of a deep 20 cm round cake pan with baking paper..
- Beat egg white until peek, keep aside..
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl with electric mixer until soft and creamy..
- Add egg yolk, one at a time and beat until well combined. Add vanilla essence and lime juice. Add cool caramel syrup and mix well..
- Add sifted flour,baking powder and salt mixture along with egg white and fold well..
- Finally, fold in mixed dried fruits, cashew nuts, pineapple jam, spice powder, dried and powdered orange peel mixture..
- Spread the cake mixture into prepared pan. Bake for around 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted the centre of the cake comes out clean. Cool in pan..
- NOTES – Brush top of hot cake with extra rum, if desired..
- For mixed fruits i used a combination of raisins, glaced cherries, candied orange and lemon peel. Chop all the fruits into small pieces and soak them in dark rum for a period of minimum 1 week or until absorbed..
- To avoid sinking, dust the soaked fruits with some sifted flour and baking powder mixture before using..
- To make caramel syrup, combine sugar and little water in a sauce pan. When the sugar melts and becomes dark brown add 60 ml hot water. Melt completely and let it come to room temperature..
- Spice powder is a combination of cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, nutmeg, and dry ginger. Grind all the spices to a fine powder..
- To make dried and powdered orange peel, wash and peel the oranges and cut the peels into thin slices and spread it in a tray and keep under the sun for 3- 4 days, grind into a fine powder..
- For measuring mixed dried fruits and cashewnut i used 250 ml measuring cup..
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature especially butter and egg. Sift together the flour,baking powder and salt..
On popular demand by readers…once again Kerala Plum Cake – Christmas Fruit Cake. Kerala Christmas Fruit Cake / Kerala Plum Cake. Coming to think of it, I was always a hard core tea cake fan and used to wonder how can somebody like plum cake/fruit cake. Learn how to make rich and delicious Kerala Fruit Cake. Kerala Christmas Fruit / Plum Cake.
If you find this Kerala Plum/Fruit Cake recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.