How to Make Super Quick Homemade Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup
Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup. Divide chicken and soup among bowls and top with sour cream, cilantro and tortilla strips. If using, top with pickled onions and serve with lime wedges. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well.
You can garnish with many ingredients to suit your needs and make this a meal. Chicken tortilla soup will forever and always be one of my favorites. Who can resist those fresh, well spiced Mexican flavors in a cozy bowl of soup?
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, chicken adobo tortilla soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup is something which I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
Divide chicken and soup among bowls and top with sour cream, cilantro and tortilla strips. If using, top with pickled onions and serve with lime wedges. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chicken adobo tortilla soup using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup:
- Take 1/2 of small sweet onion- diced small.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic- chopped.
- Make ready 1/2 of jalapeno pepper- dice small (no seeds)- I evaluate the heat and adjust the amount used.
- Take 1/2 of green bell pepper-dice small.
- Get 1 cup of tomatoes-diced in juice.
- Make ready 2 tablespoons of Chipotles in adobo -pureed or finley chopped Some people like more or less.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Take 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- Get 3-8 inch of flour tortillas – cut into thin strips.
- Get 2 ears of grilled sweet corn stripped from the cob (if not available 8 oz. can works).
- Prepare 12 ounces of cooked chicken diced 1/4 inch (leg quarter are very good for this or baked thighs).
- Make ready 1 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar(to taste after that).
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of lime juice (to taste).
- Take 3 tablespoons of cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
This quick version includes so much texture and flavor variations but it truly just comes together so perfectly. This chicken soup is the easiest way to warm up. We load ours up with more protein by adding black beans, vegetables (corn! bell peppers! onion!) and flavor with canned fire-roasted tomatoes, which we love for their smokiness. This chicken tortilla soup recipe is infused with a bunch of Mexican-inspired flavors and a few extra common pantry ingredients.
Steps to make Chicken Adobo Tortilla Soup:
- Add to 4 qt. sauce pan saute the onion, garlic, jalapeno's and bell pepper until lightly caramelized..
- Add the tomatoes,chipotles in adobo puree, seasonings, stock and tomato paste and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cut the tortillas into strips add to soup and puree with a hand-blender, blender or food processor for 2 minutes. start slow as not to get burnt by hot liquid..
- Return the soup to a simmer and add the final ingredients. The cilantro should be added just before service..
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped to finish just before service.
- Garnish- fried tortillas with a little chili powder, sour cream or cheddar are also nice:).
No-fuss here, just saute the chicken and simmer everything in a big pot. The authentic taste of this smokey tomato-based soup shines through with each spoonful. Here's an authentic Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe that relies on just a few key ingredients to create some real flavor! A great soup to have in your kitchen. You could always use half of a chipotle if you want an even milder version. (More info on working with chipotles in adobo here.) Simmer a recipe for spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Food Network that's loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos and more.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food chicken adobo tortilla soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!