Steps to Prepare Ultimate Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t constantly enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. When our work day is complete, most people do not want to go to the gym. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some very simple ways to get healthy.
Go up the stairs. Stroll up the stairs to where you live or work as an alternative to using the elevator. Obviously this isn’t as plausible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a great way to get some exercise in. Even if you do live or work on one of the top floors, you can still get off of the elevator first and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Most people will choose to be sluggish and take an elevator instead of choosing exercise on the stairs. Even just a sole flight of stairs, when walked up or down a few times a day–can be a great boost to your system.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get wholesome. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. You can do tiny things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart about the selections you make each day is a start. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your lifestyle choices. It has more to do with making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lemon pound cake with a simple lemon glaze recipe. You can have lemon pound cake with a simple lemon glaze using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze:
- You need 1 of and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
- Use 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Use 1 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature, softened.
- Provide 4 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Get 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Get 1/3 cup of whole milk.
- Use 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Get of Lemon glaze.
- Use 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Use 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Use 1 tbsp of water.
Steps to make Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as and when needed and until the mixture is a paler colour and sugar is dissolved or almost fully dissolved..
- Next, crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork just until the whites and yolks are well combined..
- To the sugar butter mixture, add in the eggs in 4 parts beating for about 50 seconds after each addition. To that, add in the milk, vanilla and lemon juice and beat for another 30 seconds on medium speed until everything is well combined..
- After, sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, and on low speed, beat until a smooth and thick but light batter is formed. With a spatula, give the batter a quick mix to ensure everything is well incorporated..
- Pour the cake batter into a greased 5 × 9 inch loaf pan and tap afew times on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for 40 minutes and then move to the top rack for an additional 20 minutes. After 60 minutes, a toothpick inserted should come out clean, if not, put the oven off but leave the cake in for 10 minutes, it should be done by then..
- While the cake cools, combine all the ingredients for the glaze in a medium saucepan over medium low heat and cook until the sugar fully dissolves..
- With a toothpick or a bamboo skewer, poke random holes all over the surface of the cake and pour the glaze all over the cake. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 20 minutes and then run a knife around the edges to take it out..
- Place on a serving platter and serve warm. I found caramel sauce goes well with this cake but is delicious as is as well..
- This cake keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container and can also be frozen for up to 2 weeks in cling film and then foil. Happy baking!.
If you find this Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.