Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Homemade Broccoli Cheese Soup
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Saving Money Inside the Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the ecosystem were tree huggers along with hippies? That has fully changed now, since we all appear to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. According to the experts, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some changes. These kinds of modifications need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good place to begin saving energy by going much more green.
A massive amount of electricity is actually consumed by freezers as well as refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. If you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old versions that happen to be more than ten years old. Always keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, along with 0F for the freezer, will probably save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. One more way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, for the reason that the motor won’t have to go as often.
As you can see, there are plenty of little things that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. It is reasonably easy to live green, after all. Largely, all it will take is a little common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli cheese soup recipe. To make broccoli cheese soup you only need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- Take of butter.
- Get of onion, chopped.
- Use of handful of baby carrots chopped.
- Get of celery stalks, diced.
- Take of chicken broth.
- Get of half and half.
- Use of milk.
- Take of fresh broccoli, chopped.
- You need of cornstarch.
- Prepare of black pepper.
- You need of garlic powder.
- Use of dried thyme.
- Prepare of nutmeg.
- Provide of Velveeta cheese, cubed.
- You need of shredded cheddar cheese + additional for garnish.
- Get of salt.
Instructions to make Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- In a stock pot, melt butter over medium heat..
- Saute onion in butter until onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in chicken broth, half and half, broccoli, carrots and celery. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until broccoli is soft and tender..
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into the soup pot and stir until soup starts to thicken 3-4 minutes..
- Stir in pepper, garlic powder, thyme, nutmeg and salt..
- I placed an immersion blender in the pot to blend it, but it's totally your call. I prefer it a little smoother..
- Drop the heat to low and stir in Velveeta and cheddar cheese. Continue stirring until all of the cheese has melted..
- Top each bowl of soup with a little extra shredded cheddar cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy!.
If you find this Broccoli Cheese Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.