Easiest Way to Make Super Quick Homemade Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Tips For Living Green And Spending less Within the Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the surroundings. Those days are over, and it looks like we all comprehend our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living a lot more environmentally friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. This should happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Here are a number of tips that can help you save energy, mainly by making your cooking area more green.
You may prefer preparing food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you much less money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is definitely greater by 75%, and maybe this small amount of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. When compared with your stove, you can make boiled water and also steamed vegetables faster, and use quite a bit less energy, by using countertop appliances. You will be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses a lot more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned way, but you would be wrong. A dishwasher is especially effective when it’s full before a cycle is going. Don’t dry the dishes using heat, use the cool dry or air dry functions to increase the money you save.
As you can see, there are plenty of little items that you can do to save energy, as well as save money, in the kitchen alone. Eco-friendly living is not really that hard. It’s related to being sensible, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bacon cheddar broccoli soup recipe. To cook bacon cheddar broccoli soup you only need 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup:
- You need 3 ounces of butter.
- Provide 3 ounces of flour by weight.
- Use 1 pound of broccoli flowerets — rough chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic- finely chopped.
- Get 1/2 of of red bell pepper — small diced.
- Take 1 cup of Sweet onion — small diced.
- Take 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
- Get 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 8 ounces of half and half.
- You need 1 cup of cheddar cheese – shredded.
- Provide 5 slices of bacon cooked and diced fine.
Steps to make Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup:
- Over a medium heat add the butter then the flour and stir constantly and cook for 3 minutes to make a white roux. (This will thicken the soup) Set aside..
- Simmer the broccoli, garlic, red bell pepper, onions and seasoning in chicken stock until tender. About 20 minutes.
- Whisk in the white roux until incorporated, stir and simmer for fifteen minutes..
- Puree the soup with hand blender, food processor or blender; start off slow so that you do not burn yourself..
- Return the soup to the stove and bring to a simmer and add cheese and half and half until melted..
- Add in the chopped bacon.
- Adjust seasoning and serve.
If you find this Bacon Cheddar Broccoli Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.