Recipe of Ultimate Broccoli & Asparagus Soup
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Broccoli & Asparagus Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Broccoli & Asparagus Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Ways To Live Green And also Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with everyone being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we are not able to change things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. This must happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The kitchen is a good starting point saving energy by going more green.
A lot of electricity is definitely consumed by freezers and refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. You can easily save up to 60% on energy once you get a new one, when compared with those from longer than ten years ago. Keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, along with 0F for the freezer, will certainly save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. Checking that the condenser is clean, which means that the motor needs to operate less often, will also save electricity.
From the above it ought to be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are numerous little opportunities for saving energy and money. Eco-friendly living is not really that difficult. A lot of it is simply making use of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to broccoli & asparagus soup recipe. You can cook broccoli & asparagus soup using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Broccoli & Asparagus Soup:
- Take of rd a head of broccoli florets,.
- Provide of The large stalk from a head of broccoli,.
- Provide of boiled water (filtered if possible),.
- You need of spears of asparagus, very ends trimmed off,.
- Take of milk or dairy free alternative, (I used almond milk),.
- Get of Vegetable stock cube,.
- You need of olive oil,.
- You need of an onion chopped finely,.
- Take of Salt and white pepper to season.
- Prepare of To serve:.
- Get of crispy fried bacon (optional).
- Get of crème fraiche or fat free quark,.
- Get of drizzle of extra virgin olive oil,.
- Take of Fresh parsley leaves,.
- You need of Salt and ground black pepper to season.
- Provide of Equipment Needed:.
- Take of hand blender / blender.
Instructions to make Broccoli & Asparagus Soup:
- Add the vegetable stock to the boiling water and stir through to dissolve. Add to a saucepan over a high heat and then place in all of the broccoli stalks. Bring to a boil and cook for around 7 minutes. Next add in the florets and continue to boil..
- In a frying pan, add in the olive oil and once hot sear the asparagus and the chopped onion until it gets a bit of colour and the asparagus is slightly charred. Remove from the heat. Remove the asparagus, chop it up into smaller pieces and add it in with the broccoli. Set aside the onions for the time being..
- Boil the broccoli until the stalks are nice and soft and the water has reduced down by about half. Season well with salt and a pinch of white pepper to taste..
- Add the cooked onions in with the broccoli and asparagus. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes..
- Using a hand blender or regular blender, blend until nice and smooth and no large lumps remain. Add in half the milk and blend again until a smoother texture is achieved. Add the remaining milk, blend one final time until velvety smooth..
- For the garnish I like to fry up some bacon until crispy, then sprinkle on top with some crème fraiche or fat free quark, and a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil then a few sprigs of fresh parsley leaves. Then a final grind of black pepper and salt to taste. Enjoy!.
If you find this Broccoli & Asparagus Soup recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.