Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Homemade Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers as well as hippies? Those days are over, and it looks like we all realize our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we cannot change things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. These types of changes need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Continue reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
A large amount of electricity is actually consumed by freezers and refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. If you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old ones that are more than ten years old. The proper temperature for food is 37F within the fridge and 0F in the freezer, and sticking to these will use less electricity. You can easily cut down how often the motor has to run by frequently cleaning the condenser, which will save on electricity.
From the above it ought to be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living just isn’t that tough. It’s concerning being practical, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to jammin' jamaican oxtails recipe. To cook jammin' jamaican oxtails you need 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails:
- Provide 1 lb of Beef Oxtail.
- Take 1 can of Butter Beans, drained.
- Provide 3 of Carrots, peeled and chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of Cooking oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Oregano.
- Take 1 tsp of Parsley.
- Take 1 tbsp of Allspice.
- Prepare 1 dash of Paprika.
- Get 1 of Whole Scotch Bonnet Pepper.
- Provide of Marinade.
- Get 3 tbsp of Bottle Oxtail Seasoning (OR Oxtail seasoning sub if you don't have ;see last ingredient) *If store bough seasoning is dry seasoning and not paste-like then you will need to add 2 tbls spoon of Browning liquid..
- Get 1 tbsp of Seasoning salt.
- Use 2 tbsp of Sweet and sour soy sauce.
- Get 1 dash of Cumin powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of Cloves of Garlic, chopped (to be placed in marinade container).
- You need 1 cup of Sweet Peppers, sliced lengthwise (to be placed in marinade container).
- Use 1 large of Onion, peeled and chopped (to be placed alongside meat in marinade container).
- Take 1 of Oxtail Seasoning = 2 tblsp browning, 1 tblsp vinegar, 1 tsp brown sugar, 1/2 scotch bonnet pepper, 1/2 chopped scallion, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 grated ginger, about 4 sprigs of thyme and Blend all together..
- You need 1 tsp of Meat Tenderizer (Optional).
Steps to make Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails:
- Pour marinade on top of meat and mix together using hands. Don't be afraid to get dirty. You want to make sure the meat is well coated..
- Marinate for a minimum of 2 hrs; overnight for best flavor..
- Using a Dutch pot, heat oil of choice (I like coconut oil). Add in a small piece of scotch bonnet/habanero pepper, a few pieces of sliced onion and one chopped clove of garlic and about one cup of HOT water. When water starts to boil, add oxtail (keeping marinade juices and sweet peppers etc. aside)..
- Let cook down (water goes down) while turning oxtail every few minutes. Then add more HOT water to cover oxtail..
- Add sweet peppers and marinade juices to pot. Continue to stir, scraping up the bottom of the pot and stirring to get all of the beefs juices..
- When water goes down again add paprika, allspice, oregano, and a teaspoon of parsley. Cover Oxtails again with HOT water..
- Continue to stir oxtail and turn heat on low. Add in a whole scotch bonnet pepper (remove before serving or omit altogether if going easy on spiciness). Cover pot..
- Continue to check pot every few minutes continuing to add enough water to cover whenever water becomes low. Let oxtail cook for about another 1 1/2 hrs, continuing to add water as necessary and adding seasoning salt to taste..
- Add carrots to pot and cook for another 20 mins. (Carrots should be soft when Oxtails are done, but not dissolved in the water).
- Add drained butter beans and cook for another 20 mins letting water simmer down enough for gravy..
- Oxtails are done when the meat is nice and tender. If meat isn't tender, keep heat on low and continue to cook until tender..
- Turn off stove. Serve with sweet plantains, rice and peas, salad or whatever your preference. Enjoy!.
United States ; California (CA) Los Angeles ; Los Angeles Restaurants ; WI Jammin Caribbean Restaurant; Search "Oxtails!" Review of WI Jammin Caribbean Restaurant. Jammin Jamaican Oxtails Recipe By Ka Pow Cookpad Jamaican Oxtails Recipe My Forking Life Authentic Jamaican Oxtail Recipe Slow Cooker Jamaican Oxtail Easy Braised Beef Oxtails Bake It With Love Jamaican Oxtails Y Jamaican Oxtail Curry Recipe Nadia G Cooking Channel Jamaican Oxtail Recipe Grandbaby Cakes Jamaican Oxtails Recipe My Forking Life Jamaican Oxtail Stew You Ll Want Seconds Greedy. The Oxtail was clearly cooked low and slow for hours, very tender, though some of the collagen didn't melt completely. The Jerk Chicken was a whole leg (thought it would be chopped bits of breast or tenders, but I'm not complaining!) that was well seasoned – it's got a kick! Both dishes came with a big helping of rice with a small amount of beans mixed in, some delicious plantains, and a small.
If you find this Jammin' Jamaican Oxtails recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.