Steps to Prepare Speedy Mooncakes
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Mooncakes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mooncakes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper level of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t always enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. Going to the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. We want a tasty, greasy burger, not an equally tasty salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy.
Make smart decisions when grocery shopping. Making good decisions when obtaining food means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to deal with a chaotic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You’re going to go home and use what you have on hand. Fill your cabinets with nutritious foods. This way, even when you choose that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are a lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the solution. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being clever when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your lifestyle choices. You want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mooncakes recipe. You can cook mooncakes using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mooncakes:
- Get of ————-cake mix————–.
- Get 3 tablespoons of golden syrup/ honey.
- Get 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of alkaline water.
- Use 1 cup of fine flour.
- You need of ————–filling————.
- Provide 6 of salted duck egg yokes.
- You need as needed of purple yam, according to how big you make the cakes I used 16 ounces.
- Use 1-1/2 teaspoons of cornstarch.
- Prepare of ———egg wash————.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Take 1 tablespoon of water.
- You need of ——Salted Duck Eggs——-.
- Prepare 12 of large duck eggs.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- Take 1 cup of salt.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of Shoalxing wine.
- Use 1 of star anise.
- Get 1 tablespoon of Sichuan peppercorns.
Steps to make Mooncakes:
- If you make the salted duck eggs yourself start 30 days ahead. Heat the water and salt add pepper corns and star anise. Let cool completely. Wash the eggs well look them over make sure there is no cracks..
- Put them in a sealable clean jar. Pour brine over the eggs and add wine, seal make sure eggs are totally under the brine. Seal and let sit for 30 days take 1 egg and boil if it doesn't taste salty let sit a few more days. boil the eggs before using. Or you can buy at some Asian markets..
- Add golden syrup or honey, cooking oil, baking soda and alkaline water in a bowl and mix well..
- Slowly add the flour to the liquid, using your hand to mix the ingredients well. Knead the dough gently till mixed. Form into a ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and set aside for 40 minutes.
- Take the purple yam and form a ball. Enclose the egg yolk in the purple yam filling. Traditionally lotus seed paste is used for a filling but I couldn't find any..
- Take some of the dough for the cake and form a disc, then gently but firmly push the cake dough around the filling. Check often to see if there are any breaks in the dough..
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit. beat the egg and add water to an egg for the egg wash, mix well..
- If you have a mooncake mold you can press the balls into cakes. If your like me, spay a mold with nonstick spray and put over ball to make the cakes. I used new molds for making soap, I got at a craft store. Line a pan with parchment paper and add cakes to top..
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, then remove from the oven with 5 minutes left then brush with egg wash. Finish baking till golden brown..
- After cooling to touch move to an airtight container for two days. Unless you just want to eat now. Happy Mooncake Festival.
- The egg yoke in the center represents the Moon..
If you find this Mooncakes recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.