Recipe of Award-winning Shirin-Polow, Iranian Sweet Rice and Chicken
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Shirin-Polow, Iranian Sweet Rice and Chicken recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shirin-Polow, Iranian Sweet Rice and Chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shirin-Polow, Iranian Sweet Rice and Chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green And also Save Money In The Kitchen.
Until fairly recently any person who portrayed concern about the degradation of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it seems we all realize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we are not able to adjust things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. These modifications need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Read on for some ways to go green and save energy, mainly in the kitchen.
Although it may not taste as good, cooking food in the microwave as an alternative to in the oven will save you a packet of money. If you find out it takes 75% more energy to cook in the oven, chances are you’ll look for more ways to use the microwave. When it relates to boiling water and steaming vegetables, you can save a great deal of energy and do the job faster with countertop appliances rather than a stove. You will be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses much more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned manner, but you would be wrong. You get the greatest energy savings by completely loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. Conserve even more money by air drying and also cool drying your dishes as an alternative to heat drying them.
The kitchen on its own gives you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. Efficient living is something we can all do, without difficulty. Largely, all it takes is a little common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to shirin-polow, iranian sweet rice and chicken recipe. To cook shirin-polow, iranian sweet rice and chicken you need 16 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shirin-Polow, Iranian Sweet Rice and Chicken:
- Take 1 kg of chicken breast without skin, boneless.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Use 1/2 cup of almonds, peeled, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pistachios, thinly sliced.
- Get 1 cup of orange peel, thinly sliced.
- Use 2 of onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 3 of carrots, cut into thin sticks.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter.
- Provide 5 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of saffron.
- Take of salt to taste.
- Provide of black pepper to taste.
- You need of Rice.
- Provide 500 g of long grain rice, soaked in warm water for 2 hours then drained.
- Take 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Use 1 tablespoon of salt.
Instructions to make Shirin-Polow, Iranian Sweet Rice and Chicken:
- In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and fry the onions in it until tender, then add in the chicken and fry until the chicken starts changing colour on all sides..
- Pour a glass of water over the chicken and onion, season with salt and pepper then leave over medium heat for 20 minutes..
- Add more water if necessary so that when the chicken is cooked, you should have half a cup of chicken broth remaining. Remove pan from heat and set aside..
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of sugar for later use and dissolve the remaining sugar in a cup of water. Place over a medium flame and bring to a boil..
- Pour the half cup of chicken broth over the water and sugar. Add in the saffron and 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Stir and set aside..
- Place the sliced orange peel in a saucepan, cover with water then bring to a boil. Remove from heat; wash with cold water then drain and set aside..
- In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, add in the carrots and fry until they are soft..
- Place the orange peel back into the saucepan; add in the fried carrots and the reserved 3 tablespoons of sugar, cover with water and cook for a few minutes. Drain and set aside..
- To prepare the rice, pour 1 cup of water in a cooking pot and bring to a boil. Add in the rice and salt. Mix and keep on low heat until rice is soft. Then drain in a colander and wash the rice with warm water..
- Put 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in the cooking pot then put half of the rice back into the pot. Place the chicken onion mix on the rice and then cover with another layer of rice..
- Spread half of the orange peel and carrot mix and half of the almonds and pistachios over the rice, then make another layer with the remaining rice and pour over it the sugar and chicken broth. Simmer, with the lid on for 30 minutes..
- When done, flip the pot over a wide serving platter. The rice should be golden and molded into the shape of the pot..
- Garnish with the remaining orange peel and carrot mix, pistachios and almonds. Serve hot..
WELCOME TO HENRYS HOWTOS I am a fulltime self trained executive chef as well as having alot of experience and knowledge in DIY, electronics, trades & home im. Shirin Polow (Iranian Rice Pilaf) This rice pilaf is famed for its thick, crisp tah dig crust and crown of sweet garnishes. See the recipe for Shirin Polow » Todd Coleman This rice pilaf is famed. Shirin Polo is a Persian basmati rice dish traditionally served at weddings and other social occasions. Studded with candied carrots, orange peel, raisins, almonds and pistachios it makes one beautiful meal or a unique side dish to chicken, fish or any roast.
If you find this Shirin-Polow, Iranian Sweet Rice and Chicken recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.