Recipe of Homemade Shinshu Eggplant Oyaki (flat cakes)
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Shinshu Eggplant Oyaki (flat cakes) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shinshu Eggplant Oyaki (flat cakes) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle demands. At the end of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and appropriate food choices you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy and balanced.
When you go to the grocery store, be sensible about it. If you make smart choices when you are buying your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to cope with a chaotic store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to go home and make a little something from your kitchen. Your house should be filled with healthy foods and ingredients. By doing this, even when you determine that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are plenty of things you can go after to become healthy. An costly gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. Looking to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indication of your lifestyle choices. It is more about making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shinshu eggplant oyaki (flat cakes) recipe. To make shinshu eggplant oyaki (flat cakes) you only need 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shinshu Eggplant Oyaki (flat cakes):
- You need 200 ml of Bread (strong) flour.
- You need 200 ml of Cake flour.
- You need 200 ml of Boiling water.
- Take 1 pinch of Salt.
- Get of The filling.
- Provide 3 of Eggplant – slim Japanese type.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- Get 1 tbsp of ●Mentsuyu.
- Provide 3 tbsp of ●Miso.
- Use 2 tbsp of ●Sugar.
- Provide 1 of heaping tablespoon Ground sesame seeds.
- Provide 4 of shakes Umami seasoning (optional).
Instructions to make Shinshu Eggplant Oyaki (flat cakes):
- Cut the eggplants in half, slice thinly and soak in water..
- Roughly chop up the onion..
- Stir fry the onion in oil. When it's translucent add the eggplant slices and continue stir frying..
- When the eggplant has softened and wilted, add the ● ingredients and stir fry until there's no more moisture left in the pan..
- Add the ground sesame seeds at the end. Adjust the seasoning with umami seasoning, and leave to cool..
- Make the dough: Put the cake flour, bread flour and salt in a bowl and mix well with chopsticks..
- When the flours are mixed, pour in the boiling water and mix well with chopsticks..
- Knead the dough until it's about the stiffness and consistency of your earlobes. Form the dough into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and leave to rest for an hour..
- Roll portions of the dough into balls, flatten, put on some filling and wrap while stretching the edges of the dough. Form into flat round cakes..
- Heat up a frying pan with oil, put in the oyaki and brown them on both sides..
- When they have browned, add water halfway up the oyaki. Cover with a lid and steam-cook until there's no moisture left in the pan..
- When there's almost no moisture left, the oyaki are done..
- Wrap the oyaki in a moistened kitchen towel or plastic wrap to store..
If you find this Shinshu Eggplant Oyaki (flat cakes) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.