Simple Way to Make Speedy Traditional Norwegian cinnamon buns
Traditional Norwegian cinnamon buns. Mix the filling ingredients in a small bowl and then spread the rectangle with the buttery cinnamon mixture. Don't worry if they catch in places – see mine in the picture. Lastly, mix an egg in a bowl, and smeer it over the cinnamon bun.
They're basically Norwegian cinnamon buns, and a perfect treat! Skillingsboller (skillingsbolle is singular) are basically Norway's take on cinnamon buns, and technically these are really specific to Bergen. Norwegian kanelboller are a staple in every bakery and cafe in Norway.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, traditional norwegian cinnamon buns. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Traditional Norwegian cinnamon buns is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Traditional Norwegian cinnamon buns is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Mix the filling ingredients in a small bowl and then spread the rectangle with the buttery cinnamon mixture. Don't worry if they catch in places – see mine in the picture. Lastly, mix an egg in a bowl, and smeer it over the cinnamon bun.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have traditional norwegian cinnamon buns using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Traditional Norwegian cinnamon buns:
- Take of dough.
- Prepare 600 ml of whole milk.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 kg of flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla sugar.
- Get 2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Get 150 grams of butter (yes, real butter).
- Make ready 130 grams of granulated sugar.
- Make ready 50 grams of fresh yeast.
- Make ready of filling.
- Take 50 grams of softened margarine.
- Make ready 100 grams of brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Make ready of icing (Cinnabon style).
- Take 120 ml of softened margarine.
- Take 338 grams of powdered sugar.
- Make ready 56 grams of cream cheese.
- Make ready 1 pinch of salt.
They are essentially a sweetened, cardamon scented dough, leavened with yeast and baked with a cinnamon sugar filling. Boller come in several varieties, including ones with raisins, chocolate or. Hi sweet readers, These classic Norwegian cinnamon buns, also named, "Bergen's Skillingsboller" Originated in Bergen know as- "The most Beautiful City of Norway"! These cinnamon buns are special in taste, and very different than the American version.
Instructions to make Traditional Norwegian cinnamon buns:
- melt butter and mix with milk. make sure the mixture is 30 C, then dissolve yeast in mixture. You can use dry yeast instead, but then you want to mix it with the dry ingredients and increase the temperature of the milk by a couple of degrees. However, they do turn out best with fresh yeast. If you're using dry yeast 25 g should be enough.
- mix all dry ingredients well.
- add milk mixture to dry mixture and knead for 3-4 mins. if you're using a machine, mix for 8 minutes.
- lightly grease a large bowl an place the dough in it. leave to rise for 30 mins.
- When risen knead a couple of times only. roll the dough into a rectangle. Size depends on how chunky you want the buns. I usually roll it out till it's 5-8 mm thick..
- you'll want to handle your dough gently from now as it is rising. smooth on a thin layer of margarine, sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon in even layers on top. I generally use more sugar than I think I need as some of it will melt away in the oven. Don't really measure out this part.
- roll into a sausage. make sure it's pretty tightly rolled. cut 1 inch slices. I use my index finger to measure, so about the length of the two first joints ;).
- place on baking sheets with the sliced side up. I normally place 12 on each sheet to give them enough room to rise. leave to rise under kitchen towels in a warm room for an hour..
- Heat your oven to 210 C.
- Brush a bit of milk on the buns and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- cool on a wire rack.
- The icing is one I borrowed from a Cinnabon recipe.
These rolls are loaded with butter from the. Norwegian Cinnamon buns from How to be a Domestic Goddess. recipe. Cinnamon Cake Bread is simply traditional kanelkake (cinnamon cake) in loaf form with a lovely swirl of cinnamon sugar throughout the center. Bolle is the traditional Norwegian sweet bread and this is the cinnamon and sugar kind. Norwegian Cinnamon Buns – Norsk Kanelboller.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food traditional norwegian cinnamon buns recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!