Easiest Way to Prepare Quick Chicken Pot Pie
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken Pot Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chicken Pot Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Pot Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The unfortunate thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is finished, most people do not wish to go to the gym. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a leafy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You should be glad to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some ideas to be as healthful as possible.
Be wise when you do your food shopping. When you make good decisions at the grocery store, your meals will get much healthier automatically. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to deal with a busy store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You’re going to go home and cook what you already have. Fill your pantry shelves with healthy foods. In this way, even when you choose that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are a lot of things that contribute to your getting healthy. An overpriced gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Looking to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about reducing your weight. You need to help to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken pot pie recipe. To make chicken pot pie you only need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chicken Pot Pie:
- Use 1 lb of chicken breast, cubed.
- Take 1 cup of sliced carrots (frozen).
- Use 1 cup of peas (frozen).
- Take 1/2 cup of sliced celery.
- Use 1/3 cup of sweet onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour.
- Use 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of celery seed.
- Get 1 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Get 1 of egg, beaten (optional).
- Get 1/3 cup of butter.
- Use 2/3 cup of cream.
- Prepare 2 (9 inch) of unbaked pie crusts.
Steps to make Chicken Pot Pie:
- Preheat oven to 425..
- In saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain and set aside..
- In small bowl mix flour, salt, pepper and celery seed..
- In the saucepan over meadium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour mixture. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Take your time mixing until it is well blended, thick and creamy. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Combine chicken and sauce..
- Spray a 9 inch pie plate with PAM. Put bottom portion of pie crust in pie plate and cut away excess dough. Pour in chicken mixture. Cover with top crust, cut away excess dough leaving about an inch of overhang to tuck under bottom pie crust and seal edges. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape. Optional: beat an egg and baste the top lightly..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 15-20 minutes before serving..
With a slow-cooked chicken, a creamy vegetable filling, and a handmade pie crust, this pot pie is the ultimate comfort food. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest. And whiles it's a dish that you can easily source. Individual chicken pot pies make a comforting meal any night of the.
If you find this Chicken Pot Pie recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.