Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Ultimate Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Sadly, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle involves. When our work day is finished, most people do not prefer to go to the gym. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be irritating. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some tips to be as healthful as possible.
Run the stairs. Instead of selecting the elevator, ascend the stairs to your floor. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a excellent way to get some exercise in. If you do work on a extremely high floor, why not get off the elevator a few floors early and walk the rest of the way? Lots of people choose the easy elevator ride instead of making an effort on the stairs. That one flight of stairs—when taken a several times a day—can be just the extra boost that your system needs.
There are lots of things you can go after to become healthy. Not all of them demand fancy gym memberships or limited diets. Little things, when done every day, can do plenty to make it easier to get healthy and lose pounds. Being smart about the selections you make each day is a start. A good amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your health levels. You want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to left over turkey-pumpkin pot pie recipe. You can cook left over turkey-pumpkin pot pie using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie:
- Provide of Filling.
- Get 2 small of potatoes, sliced thin.
- You need 1/2 cup of white chopped onion.
- You need 2 medium of white mushrooms, chopped.
- You need 2 slice of bacon, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of turkey, chopped.
- Use 1 cup of carrots, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of green peas.
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- You need of Pumpkin filling sauce.
- Use 1/2 cup of left over pumpkin pie filling.
- Use 2/3 cup of heavy cream.
- Take 3 tbsp of toasted spice rub.
- Get 1 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Take of Pot pie topping.
- Provide 1 of Pie crust dough.
Instructions to make Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie:
- Pre heat oven to 350°. If using pie crust dough, roll it out now..
- Heat a large skillet over med heat, and add chopped bacon..
- After about 3 mins, add 1 tablespoon of butter. Stir until melted..
- Add your sliced potatoes, stirring to coat with butter, and bacon. Let potatoes brown..
- After about 5 mins, add chopped onions, carrots, green peas and mushrooms. Stir occasionally, to avoid over browning..
- When the onions are clear and carrots softened, add chopped turkey. Reduce heat to low..
- In a small sauce pot over med heat, add butter, pumpkin, and heavy cream. Season with toasted spice rub, bring to a simmer and whisk until smooth, breaking up pumpkin pie filling. Turn off heat..
- Create a well in the middle of your skillet. Add remaining butter, melt, and stir in flour to create a quick roux. Add pumpkin sauce and stir to combine..
- Put your filling into baking dish, and cover top with pie crust dough. Poke holes in the middle for venting, and place in oven. Cook untill golden brown. Let stand 10 mins before serving. ENJOY :).
- NOTE: The toasted spice rub mix I used is from a recipe by Michael Chiarello (Food Network). You can find the recipe on Food Network Web site or app under the recipe titled; Roasted Butternut Squash Soup..
It's the perfect solution to leftover turkey, or as a substitute for the big bird itself at Thanksgiving. Or if you wish, make it with chicken, too! Leftover Turkey Tamale Pie – Sorry, Pumpkin, There's a New Thanksgiving Pie in Town. While I'm branding this as a post-Thanksgiving leftover turkey recipe, it's really a "how to make tamale pie" video, since you can sub in virtually. Some popular Thanksgiving Leftover recipes are Leftover Turkey and Sweet Potato Fritatta and Leftover Turkey Tacos with Brussels Sprouts Slaw to name a few!
If you find this Left Over Turkey-pumpkin Pot Pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.