Simple Way to Prepare Perfect Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes
Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle demands. Going to the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. With training you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy and balanced.
Pick water over other refreshments. Having a soda or cup of coffee from time to time won’t hurt you too badly. Using them for your sole source of hydration, on the other hand, is dumb. Ingesting water instead of other types of drinks is a good way to help your body in its health and hydration. This also helps you reduce your caloric intake by hundreds of points without having to buy and eat disgusting diet foods. Water is often the main element to successful weight loss and healthfulness.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get healthy and balanced. Intensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the answer. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. You really want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted cod with smashed potatoes recipe. To make roasted cod with smashed potatoes you need 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes:
- Provide 2 of salt cod fillets.
- Get 2 of Green peppers.
- Take 8-10 of small potatoes.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Provide as needed of Milk.
- Use of Ground black pepper.
- Provide of Olive oil.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, thinly sliced.
Steps to make Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes:
- To remove the salt from the salted cod. Place in cold water with the skin up for 24 hours. Changing the water every couple of hours..
- Pat dry the cod with kitchen roll to remove any excess water..
- In a bowl soak the cod in milk and a pinch of black pepper. Refrigerate for a few hours..
- Discard the milk and again pat dry the cod with kitchen roll..
- Boil the potatoes whole with skin on in salted water until soft. Then drain well..
- Using the back of a spoon or your fists squash the potatoes until they break..
- Put the potatoes in an oven tray with a good drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Bake until crispy. My potatoes took about 50 minutes or so..
- Put the peppers whole on a tray and roast at the same time as the potatoes. Roast until the outside skin is charred. Allow to cool or run under cold water and then peel the skin and slice the peppers.
- Grill the cod on both sides for 4-5 minutes either on a grill pan or on the bbq..
- Lastly in a small frying heat a good amount of olive oil and then gently fry the garlic for less than a minute..
- Plate up the cod, potatoes and roasted peppers then drizzle with the olive oil and garlic..
If you find this Roasted Cod with Smashed Potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.