Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Homemade Capitol Hill Bean Soup
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Capitol Hill Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Capitol Hill Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. The unfortunate thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. If you are conscientious you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Go up the stairs. Instead of choosing the elevator, ascend the stairs to your floor. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a fantastic way to get some exercise in. Even if you do live or work on one of the higher floors, you can still get out of the elevator early and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. So many people choose the elevator over hiking even a single flight of stairs. Even if you only have just one flight to climb, climbing down and up it during the day is a great way to get extra exercise.
There are plenty of things you can pursue to become healthy. An costly gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. You can do small things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make smart choices every day is a great start. Trying to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about simply how much you weigh. It is more about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to capitol hill bean soup recipe. You can cook capitol hill bean soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Capitol Hill Bean Soup:
- Get 1 pound of dried white navy beans, sorted of debris and rinsed.
- Provide 1 of (about 1-lb.) ham bone or uncured ham hock (I used the center bone with lots of meat from the ham dinner we had the day before).
- Use 2 1/2 quarts of water (10 cups).
- Get 1 of large russet potato (about 8 oz.).
- Get 3 cups of chopped celery (about 6 stalks).
- Use 3 cups of chopped yellow onion (about 3 medium onions).
- You need 1-3 of Garlic clove, minced.
- Take 3 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley.
Steps to make Capitol Hill Bean Soup:
- Place beans in a Dutch oven or large casserole; add water to cover, and soak 8 hours or overnight. Drain beans. Add ham bone and water. Cover and bring to a boil over high; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 1 hour..
- Rinse potato; pierce with a fork, and wrap potato in a paper towel. Microwave on HIGH until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes; peel and mash potato. Stir potato, celery, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper into bean mixture; simmer over medium-low until beans are tender, about 1 hour..
- Remove ham bone from Dutch oven, and let stand until cool enough to handle, about 20 minutes. Remove and discard bone and fat; dice meat, and stir into bean mixture. Top each serving with chopped parsley.
If you find this Capitol Hill Bean Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.