Steps to Prepare Homemade Mike's Easy Meatball Subs
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mike's Easy Meatball Subs recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mike's Easy Meatball Subs recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. If you keep at it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some tips to be as healthful as possible.
Be wise when you do your food shopping. Making good decisions when shopping for food means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. Think for a second: you don’t want to go to a chaotic grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to go to your house and make a little something from your kitchen. Your kitchen should be stored with healthy foods and ingredients. This way—even if you choose something a bit greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still selecting foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are many things you can do to become healthy. An costly gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Make sensible choices every day is a great start. Getting as much physical exercise as possible is another factor. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your lifestyle choices. You want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mike's easy meatball subs recipe. You can have mike's easy meatball subs using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's Easy Meatball Subs:
- Take of Easy Meatball Subs.
- Use 6 of Fresh 6" Sub Rolls.
- You need 1 of 26 oz Bag Lean Frozen Meatballs.
- Provide 2 can of 24 oz Hunts Garlic & Herb Spaghetti Sauce.
- You need 1 can of 14.5 oz Stewed Tomatoes [with oregano, garlic & basil].
- Get 1 can of 6 oz Black Olives [halved].
- Get 1/3 cup of Chopped Celery.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Diced White Onions.
- Use 1/4 cup of Fresh Parsley [chopped].
- Get 1 tsp of Each: Onion Powder – Garlic Powder – Italian Seasoning – Dried Basil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Provide 2 cup of Shreaded Motzerella Cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shreaded Parmesan Cheese.
- Get 1 of Banana Peppers Or Sport Peppers [garnish].
- Take 1/4 tsp of Baking Soda [to reduce acidity – more may be needed].
Steps to make Mike's Easy Meatball Subs:
- Place everything in a crock pot [except for bread & cheeses] and let cook for 4 hours on high and 6 to 7 hours on medium..
- If cooking stove top, place frozen meatballs in oven and bake as per manufacturers directions. Usually 25 minutes at 350°. Feel free to lightly season your meatballs any way you'd like before putting them in the oven..
- Add everything else except for bread, peppers and cheeses in a large pot and simmer for 25 minutes. Add fully baked meatballs and simmer 25 additional minutes..
- If your sauce tastes a bit too acidic due to the tomatoes, add 1/4 tsp Baking Soda to your simmering pot. Your sauce will foam up but no worries. Stir in, simmer again, then taste and add 1/4 tsp more if acidic taste persists. Repeat if necessary..
- Toast your rolls but be careful not to fully split your bread thru the middle..
- Place meatballs [leave whole or cut in half] and sauce on fresh sub bread. Top with Motzerella and Parmesean Cheese, Provolone works well as well and Banana Peppers or Sport Peppers. Serve with a side bottle of Tabasco..
Stir together tomato sauce and tomato paste in large skillet. If you're using a Crock Pot, there's no need to thaw frozen meatballs before you dump them into the pot. Meatball subs are such an easy dinner idea (especially when you have leftover meatballs). You can also use frozen fully cooked meatballs for this recipe, however just make sure to give them extra time to simmer in the sauce. If I'm using frozen meatballs, I'll usually place them in the crockpot in the afternoon and cook them with the sauce on low for a couple hours before dinner time.
If you find this Mike's Easy Meatball Subs recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.