Recipe of Favorite Smoked haddock Fish cake with pomegranate couscous
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Smoked haddock Fish cake with pomegranate couscous recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Smoked haddock Fish cake with pomegranate couscous recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Smoked haddock Fish cake with pomegranate couscous recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
Every person knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper workout regularly. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the energy that this type of lifestyle requires. When our work day is done, most people do not want to go to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy choices doesn’t have to be irritating. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some hints to be as healthful as possible.
Make smart choices when shopping for groceries. When you make wise choices at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier automatically. Think for a minute: you don’t want to go to a busy grocery store or sit in a long line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You’re going to go home and use what you have on hand. Fill your cupboards with healthy foods. This makes it simple to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are plenty of things you can go after to become healthy. An expensive gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose day after day that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Being smart about the selections you make each day is a start. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. It is more about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to smoked haddock fish cake with pomegranate couscous recipe. To make smoked haddock fish cake with pomegranate couscous you only need 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Smoked haddock Fish cake with pomegranate couscous:
- Get of Fishcake.
- Prepare 600 g of potatoes, roughly chopped.
- Provide 400 g of undyed smoked haddock fillet.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of capers, drained and chopped.
- Provide of Grated zest of 1 lemon.
- Use of Small handful chopped fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1 of medium egg yolk.
- Get of Plain flour, for dusting.
- Use of Lemon wedges, to serve.
- Prepare of Couscous.
- Take 2 cup of cooked couscous.
- You need 1 handful of Parsley (finely chopped).
- Use 1 cup of Finely chopped red onions.
- Use 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Get 1 cup of pomegranate.
- Get to taste of Salt and pepper.
Instructions to make Smoked haddock Fish cake with pomegranate couscous:
- Cooking fishcake. Cook the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling, salted water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain well, mash and set aside, covered..
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium-high. Put the haddock in a roasting tin and brush with 1 tablespoon oil. Grill for 8-10 minutes or until just cooked through. Set aside to cool, then discard the skin and bones and flake into chunks..
- Gently fold the haddock, capers, lemon zest, parsley and egg yolk into the mash, and season. Shape the mixture into 8 fishcakes and cover and chill for 20 minutes or overnight..
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Dust the fishcakes with a little flour and fry for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden..
- Making couscous. Put some vegetable oil in to a small saucepan. Fry onion on a medium heat until softened..
- Add cooked couscous into the saucepan. Mix well..
- Seasoning with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Turn heating off and add parsley and pomegranate..
- Serve couscous with smoked haddock fishcake and a lemon wedge.
If you find this Smoked haddock Fish cake with pomegranate couscous recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.