Easiest Way to Make Quick Mathri ( Indian Savoury Snack)
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Mathri ( Indian Savoury Snack) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mathri ( Indian Savoury Snack) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Suggestions For Living Green And Spending less Within the Kitchen.
It was certainly not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the surroundings. Those days are over, and it appears we all realize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. The experts are agreed that we cannot adjust things for the better without everyone’s active involvement. This needs to happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Continue reading for some approaches to go green and save energy, largely in the kitchen.
You may well prefer cooking with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you way less money. The energy used by cooking in an oven is definitely greater by 75%, and possibly this little bit of knowledge will spur you on to use the microwave more frequently. Countertop appliances will certainly boil water or steam vegetables faster than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. Many individuals incorrectly believe that doing the dishes by hand uses less energy than a dishwasher. You get the highest energy savings by totally loading the dishwasher ahead of commencing a wash cycle. Don’t dry the dishes with heat, make use of the cool dry or air dry functions to increase the money you save.
From the above it really should be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are many little opportunities for saving energy and money. Efficient living is definitely something we can all do, without difficulty. Largely, all it requires is a bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mathri ( indian savoury snack) recipe. You can have mathri ( indian savoury snack) using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mathri ( Indian Savoury Snack):
- You need 2 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- Get 5 tbsp of Butter or Vegetable Shortening.
- Take 1/2 cup of Fresh Fenugrek leaves.
- Get 1 tsp of Carom Seeds.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Salt to Taste.
- You need 3/4 cup of Water (Room Temperature).
- You need 2 tsp of Pepper corns coarsly ground.
Steps to make Mathri ( Indian Savoury Snack):
- Seive the flour to aerate..
- Add all the other ingredients to the flour and slowly incorporate them..
- once all the ingredients are incorporated, bring them to the working station and knead them to form soft dough..
- Add 1/2 tsp spoon baking soda for softness if you like before you knead the flour..
- Once the dough is ready, cover and let it rest for 45 minutes..
- divide the dough and prepare small flat discs using hand and thumb. then prick fork for even cooking..
- Deef fry them by turning frequently to avoid burning.
- Once golden browned, take it out and let it sit and absorb all excess oil on a blotting papwr.
- Ready to serve!!.
Mathris are (mostly) disc-shaped savory Indian snacks made using any kind of flour or a combination of flours and herbs. They tend to have a crispy yet flaky texture and are traditionally fried. These savory crackers/biscuits are a popular traditional tea-time snack. They are also made during Indian festivals like Holi and Diwali. Savory Snack ~ Matri Its not everyday that I find myself sitting in the verandah overlooking the garden, relishing deep-fried comforts over a cup of masala chai.
If you find this Mathri ( Indian Savoury Snack) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.