Steps to Prepare Super Quick Homemade Codfish Hash
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Codfish Hash recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Codfish Hash recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthful, nutritious and balanced diets are important as are good amounts of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle involves. At the conclusion of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that becoming healthy doesn’t have to be hard. With training you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy and balanced.
Make smart decisions when grocery shopping. Making good decisions when buying groceries means that you’ll be able to eat nutritious meals without a lot of effort. At the conclusion of your day do you really want to deal with crowded grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to get home quickly and eat something great. Your house should be stocked with healthy foods and ingredients. This makes it easy to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is obviously better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are a whole lot of things that factor into getting healthy. An expensive gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do little things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. Trying to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. It is more about making your body as strong as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to codfish hash recipe. You can have codfish hash using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Codfish Hash:
- Take 1 bag of cod OR catfish, thawed.
- Provide 10 of red or Idaho potatoes, rinsed, sliced.
- Use of Diced onions.
- Prepare of Seasonings of choice, I used onion powder, salt & pepper.
- Use of Bacon drippings OR olive oil.
Instructions to make Codfish Hash:
- Spray a 13×9 casserole dish with olive oil.
- Place fish fillets into the dish, bake at 375 for 8-10 min OR til white & flaky, time varies per instructions on fish package. This took 20 minutes..
- Now your fish should look like this….
- Slice rinsed red potatoes.
- In a large skillet, add a bit of bacon grease, I use olive oil. Add potatoes & onions midway through. Now cover them up with a lid..
- Cook on low, simmer style, you certainly wouldn't want to burn this. By the way, I'm using a gas stove. Yes much different than electric stove method on how it cooks..
- Keep cooking til potatoes are tender…fried taters. Hoooo weee!.
- Break them taters down & add that fish, check for fine bones if it's catfish. Break that down too using a spatula. Cook a bit longer. It's gotta look something like this…BAM!.. fish hash..
- Serve hot, topped with malt vinegar OR hot sauce, have some homemade pickles on the side. it's the only way to eat it. Have a nice set of pumpkin bars to serve up for after LOL. Have a great night! ;).
- Homemade pickles.
If you find this Codfish Hash recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.