Recipe of Award-winning Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And also Spend less Money In The Kitchen.
Remember when the only people who cared about the natural environment were tree huggers along with hippies? That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet as well as the shared burden we have for turning things around. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some adjustments. This should happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. Here are some tips that can help you save energy, for the most part by making your kitchen area more green.
Why don’t we begin with something not that hard, changing the particular light bulbs. Accomplish this for the whole house, not merely the kitchen. Compact fluorescent lightbulbs are generally energy-savers, and you must use them rather than incandescent lights. They cost a little bit more in the beginning, but they last ten times longer, and use less electricity. Utilizing these types of longer-lasting lightbulbs has the actual benefit that many fewer lightbulbs make it into landfills. It goes further than merely exchanging the lights, though; turning off lights that aren’t needed is definitely another good thing to do. The kitchen lights especially tend to be left on all day long, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. And it’s not restricted to the kitchen, it happens in other parts of the house as well. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are necessary, and you’ll be surprised at the amount of electricity you save.
The kitchen by itself provides you with many small methods by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty easy to live green, of course. A lot of it is merely making use of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and winter vegetable soup recipe. To cook ham and winter vegetable soup you need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup:
- Take 2 litres of ham stock.
- Use 1 of onion.
- Provide 2 of carrots.
- Use 1 of parsnip.
- Prepare 1 of leek.
- Use 1 of medium potato.
- Take 1 of bayleaf.
- Use 1 can of white beans, cannellini or similar.
- Get of Leftover pieces of ham or bacon lardons.
- Use of Black pepper.
Instructions to make Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup:
- If you are starting with some ham stock and the ends of a joint, strip the bone and place it in the stock and boil for about 45 minutes. Remove the bone from the stock and strip off any leftover pieces of meat, set these aside and discard the bone..
- Prepare the vegetables, peel and chop them into neat pieces, around the same size, the same way as you would for a minestrone..
- Add the vegetables to the stock together with the bayleaf and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 12 minutes, then add the drained, rinsed beans and plenty of black pepper. You might not want to use all the beans, I used just over a half..
- When all the vegetables are soft – check each type – add the pieces of ham, taste for seasoning and add black pepper if needed. You won't need any salt..
- Transfer 3 or 4 ladles of soup into a jug or bowl and process with a stick blender until completely smooth, then pour back into the soup, this gives the soup a creaminess, you could leave it as more of a minestrone clear broth, or process all of it, depending on how you like your soup. Serve hot in warmed bowls..
If you find this Ham and Winter Vegetable Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.