Recipe of Super Quick Homemade Oma's German Potato Salad
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Oma's German Potato Salad recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Oma's German Potato Salad recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Oma's German Potato Salad recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be well balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. At the conclusion of the day, almost everyone want to go home, not to the gym. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You will be delighted to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. With practice you can get all of the nutritional requirements and the physical exercise that you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthful.
Make smart choices when shopping for groceries. When you make informed and wise purchases at the grocery store, your meals will get much healthier immediately. Think about it: you aren’t going to want to cope with a busy store or a long drive through line at the end of the day. You want to go to your house and make something from your kitchen. Make sure that what you already have is healthy. In this way, even when you decide that you want something greasy or not super nutritous, you will still be choosing items that are healthier for you than you would probably choose while running into a store or fast food restaurant.
There are plenty of things you can pursue to become healthy. Not all of them necessitate fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. You can do tiny things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. Getting as much exercise as possible is another factor. Remember: being healthful isn’t just about losing weight. You want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to oma's german potato salad recipe. To make oma's german potato salad you need 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Oma's German Potato Salad:
- Take 500 g of potatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, minced (optional).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of whole grain or Dijon mustard.
- Use 2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Provide 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Take 1/3 cup of hot chicken or vegetable broth.
- Use to taste of salt and pepper.
- Provide 1 pinch of sugar.
- Provide 2 Tbsp of chopped fresh dill and/or parsley.
Steps to make Oma's German Potato Salad:
- Add unpeeled potatoes in a pot of water with 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes or until you can easily pass a fork through the center..
- Meanwhile, mince onion if using. My grandma preferred onions but my mother always leaves them out. You can sauté it a little to soften the sharpness if you want..
- Drain potatoes and let potatoes cool until you can hold them with your hands and peel them. Peel away skin away with a butter knife. Slice into a bowl and add onions if using..
- Mix together warm broth, mustard, vinegar and oil..
- Pour mixture over potatoes and stir well. Add dill/parsley, and salt and pepper to taste..
- Let sit for 30 minutes to one hour to let the flavor set in. Adjust taste with more salt and pepper, or add a little more mustard and vinegar if you like. If the vinegar is too sharp add a pinch or two of sugar..
- When you have it tasting the way you like it, garnish with parsley/dill and enjoy!.
If you find this Oma's German Potato Salad recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.