Steps to Make Perfect German-style Braised Pork and Sauerkraut
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect German-style Braised Pork and Sauerkraut recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect German-style Braised Pork and Sauerkraut recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to German-style Braised Pork and Sauerkraut recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all realize that, in order to really be healthy, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, the majority of us want to go home, not to the gym. A delicious, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be a pain. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some simple ways to get healthy.
Climb stairs. Rather than using an elevator, walk up the stairs to the floor you live or work on. Obviously this isn’t as possible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a fantastic way to get some exercise in. If you do work on a super high floor, why not get off the elevator a few floors early and walk the rest of the way? So many people choose the elevator over climbing even a single flight of stairs. Even if you only have a single flight to climb, climbing along it during the day is a great way to get additional exercise.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get healthy. Intensive gym visits and directly defined diets are not always the solution. You can do little things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Make shrewd choices every day is a great start. Looking to get in as much physical exercise as possible is another. Remember: being healthy isn’t just about reducing your weight. You need to make your body as strong it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to german-style braised pork and sauerkraut recipe. You can cook german-style braised pork and sauerkraut using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook German-style Braised Pork and Sauerkraut:
- Use 600 grams of pork belly, shoulder, etc. (about 1 lb 5 oz).
- Use 1 of carrot or potato, cut into large chunks.
- Use 1 of small onion.
- Use 2 cup of sauerkraut, drained (enough to cover pork).
- Provide 1 cup of white wine.
- Get 1/2 tsp of caraway seeds.
- Prepare 4 of whole cloves.
- Take 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 4 of juniper berries.
- Get 5 of peppercorns.
- Provide 1 tsp of sugar, add more to taste.
- Use 2 tsp of dijon mustard, plus more for serving.
Instructions to make German-style Braised Pork and Sauerkraut:
- Cut pork into 4 even pieces and trim off excess fat. In a heavy pot, brown all sides of the pork on medium heat..
- Add onions, carrots, sugar, spices and enough sauerkraut to cover everything. Add about 1 cup of white wine and bring to a boil..
- Turn heat to medium low and cover pot with lid. Let simmer at least 45-60 minutes up to 2 hours. Check occasionally to make sure there is enough liquid and add some water if needed..
- In the last 5 minutes, mix in Dijon mustard. Add more sugar to taste. Divide into dishes and serve with additional mustard..
If you find this German-style Braised Pork and Sauerkraut recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.