Steps to Make Award-winning Hefezopf (German Bread)
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Hefezopf (German Bread) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Hefezopf (German Bread) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. When our work day is finished, most people do not want to go to the gym. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally delightful salad (unless we’re vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Make smart decisions when grocery shopping. If you make smart decisions when you are purchasing your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. At the end of your day do you really want to deal with packed grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to get home quickly and have something good. Fill your cupboards with nutritious foods. This way—even if you decide on something a little greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still selecting foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are a lot of things that factor into getting healthy. Extensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. You can do little things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being intelligent about the choices you make each day is a start. Trying to get in as much exercise as possible is another. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only signal of your lifestyle choices. It is more about making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to hefezopf (german bread) recipe. To cook hefezopf (german bread) you need 12 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Hefezopf (German Bread):
- You need 500 grams of Flour (Type 405 cake flour).
- Prepare 21 grams of Fresh yeast.
- Prepare 230 ml of ◆Soy milk or milk.
- Use 50 grams of ◆Sugar.
- Provide 1 of from 1 lemon Lemon zest.
- Prepare 70 grams of Butter.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Use 1 of plus 1/2 Egg, large.
- Get of For glazing and garnishing.
- You need 1/2 of Egg.
- Provide 3 tbsp of Sliced almonds.
- Get 1 of Nib sugar.
Instructions to make Hefezopf (German Bread):
- [If using a bread machine] Combine all the ingredients (except for the garnishing and glazing ingredients) in the bread making machine. Select the dough setting and press start. When the dough is done, skip to Step 6..
- [If kneading by hand] In a bowl, combine warmed up milk and the ingredients marked with ◆. Mix until the yeast dissolves completely. Add the lemon zest and the eggs, then set aside..
- Place the flour in a separate bowl and pour in the mixture from Step 2. Knead it for 5 minutes..
- Add the butter and salt. Continue kneading about another 10 minutes. It might be tough to knead, but be patient and keep kneading..
- [First proof] This dough is quite soft, but once the dough comes together, allow it to rise for 40-50 minutes. Cover it with tightly wrung out damp cloth to prevent it from drying up..
- [Check with your finger] When the dough rises up to about twice the size that it was originally, dust your finger with flour and push it down to make a hole. If the dough stays down like a belly button, it is done rising..
- Dust the working surface with flour for easier handling..
- In this recipe, we are going to make a braid with 6 strands, so divide the dough into 6 parts and roll it out to 40-45 cm long. Start braiding..
- Secure the beginning and the end of the braid tightly..
- Place the dough onto a cookie sheet, cover it with a tightly wrung out damp cloth and allow it to rise for the second time. It will take about 30 minutes and the dough should be 1.5-2 times bigger than its original size..
- It should look like this after the second rising. Preheat the oven to 200℃..
- Glaze the dough with the beaten egg..
- Decorate the dough with a plenty of almond slices and nib sugar..
- Bake for 15 minutes at 200℃. Reduce the oven temperature to 180℃ and bake for another 15-20 minutes. Adjust the time if necessary..
- This is the cross section of the bread. It is tasty as it is, but it is normally eaten by spreading on some butter and jam..
- I made 2 smaller loaves with the same amount of the ingredients above. The left loaf has some cranberries in it. At Step 7, divide the dough into half and add 30 g of cranberries into one..
- Here is a 6-strand braid..
- [Chocolate and orange zopf] Substitute 20 g of flour with 20 g of coco powder. Use orange zest instead of lemon zest. Also substitute a part of soy milk with some squeezed orange juice. Bake it the same way..
If you find this Hefezopf (German Bread) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.