How to Make Award-winning Bean & Ham Hock soup
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Bean & Ham Hock soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bean & Ham Hock soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bean & Ham Hock soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Will Save You Dollars.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the environment. That has totally changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having troubles, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. The experts are agreed that we are not able to adjust things for the better without everyone’s active participation. This should happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a mission for every individual family. The kitchen area is a good starting point saving energy by going more green.
A massive amount of electricity is consumed by freezers as well as refrigerators, and it’s even worse if they are working inefficiently. You can certainly save up to 60% on energy once you get a new one, in comparison with those from longer than ten years ago. Keeping the temperature of the fridge at 37F, along with 0F for the freezer, will certainly save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. An additional way to save electricity is to keep the condenser clean, due to the fact that the motor won’t have to operate as often.
The kitchen by itself gives you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. It is reasonably easy to live green, of course. Largely, all it takes is a little bit of common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bean & ham hock soup recipe. You can cook bean & ham hock soup using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Bean & Ham Hock soup:
- Get of dried beans.
- You need of water.
- Get of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare of large Ham Hocks.
- Provide of spices.
- Provide of salt (more or less to your liking).
- Prepare of cayenne pepper (more or less to taste).
- Use of chili powder.
- You need of tomato paste.
- Get of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Italian seasoning mix.
Steps to make Bean & Ham Hock soup:
- Cover beans with water, by about an inch or more. Set aside for 8 hours to soak..
- 3 hours before beans are done place ham hocks in a pot, cover with water..
- Bring hocks to a boil, cover, turn down to a simmer. Check water level periodically to add more if required. If using fixed ham, do not do these hocks steps..
- When hocks have simmered for 3 hours, pull hocks out, place on a plate to allow to cool..
- Place soaked beans in large pot. Add 8 cups of hock broth and water to bring it to 8 cups..
- Bring beans to a boil, turn down heat to a simmer, cover. Stir ever 10-15 minutes.
- After hocks cool down, remove bones, shred/chop meat and skin to bit sized pieces..
- After beans have simmered 1 1/2 hours).
- Chop one large onion (yellow or sweet is what I usually use), add to beans, stir.
- Adds ham hocks or if using diced ham to beans, stir.
- If using a premixed add season packet. Or add spices in ingredients list, not both!.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, serve.
If you find this Bean & Ham Hock soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.