Simple Way to Prepare Perfect Biscuits and gravy casserole
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Biscuits and gravy casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Biscuits and gravy casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Unfortunately, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. When our work day is complete, most people do not wish to go to the gym. A juicy, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be happy to discover that achieving good health doesn’t have to be hard. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required foods and activites. Here are some hints to be as healthful as possible.
Be sensible when you do your grocery shopping. If you make smart decisions when you are buying your groceries, you will be eating better meals by default. Think for a minute: you don’t want to go to a stressful grocery store or sit in a lengthy line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to get home quickly and have something beneficial. Your kitchen should be filled with healthy foods and ingredients. This way—even if you pick out something a bit greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still choosing foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get healthy and balanced. An overpriced gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. You can do little things each day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being clever when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You need to help to make your body as strong you can make it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to biscuits and gravy casserole recipe. You can have biscuits and gravy casserole using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Biscuits and gravy casserole:
- Take of Sausage Gravy.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Butter.
- Take 1 of whole Shallot, Finely Minced.
- Use 1 pound of Ground Breakfast Sausage.
- Provide 2/3 cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken Stock.
- Use 2 cups of Milk (Preferably Whole).
- Prepare to taste of Salt and Pepper.
- Prepare of Biscuits.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cup of All-Purpose Flour.
- Get 1 tablespoon of + 2 teaspoons Baking Powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Use 1/4 cup of Butter, Cut into tablespoon sized pieces.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of Shortening, Cut into tablespoon sized pieces.
- You need 3/4 cup of Milk plus an additional 1-2 tablespoons if needed.
Instructions to make Biscuits and gravy casserole:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sausage Gravy In a large oven safe skillet like cast iron, add olive oil, shallot, and sausage. Cook over medium-high heat until sausage is lightly brown..
- Sprinkle 2/3 cup flour over the top of sausage. Stir in flour until absorbed by grease..
- Slowly stir in chicken stock, and then 2 cups milk, to prevent lumps. Bring to a simmer and cook about 4 minutes until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Biscuits In a large bowl combined 1 3/4 cup flour, baking powder, sugar and salt until well combined.
- Using a pastry cutter or fork, cut in butter, and shortening, until mixture resembles small peas..
- Slowly stir in 3/4 cup milk, until dough sticks together. Be careful not to over mix. Add an additional 1-2 tablespoons milk if needed..
- Drop 10 equal sized spoonfuls of biscuit dough over the top of sausage gravy..
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown, and a toothpick inserted into the center of biscuit comes out clean..
The gravy is made from the drippings of pork sausage, along with flour, milk, and the bits of cooked sausage. Open the can of biscuits and use scissors or a knife to cut each biscuit into fourths, then arrange on the bottom of the baking dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper, then pour over the biscuits. Sprinkle the cheese over the biscuits and eggs, then pour of the gravy over everything. Pour gravy into casserole pan on top of the cheese/eggs/sausage and sprinkle the top layer of the casserole with a layer of remaining half cup of cheese.
If you find this Biscuits and gravy casserole recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.