Simple Way to Make Favorite Smothered Pork Chops
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Smothered Pork Chops recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Smothered Pork Chops recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
You already know that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be sensible and wholesome and you need to get a good amount of exercise. Sadly, there isn’t often enough time or energy for us to really do the things we need to do. Working out at the gym isn’t something people decide to do when they get off from work. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). You will be pleased to discover that getting healthy doesn’t have to be hard. If you are persistent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some of the best techniques to be healthy and balanced.
Make smart decisions when shopping for groceries. When you make informed and wise purchases at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier immediately. At the conclusion of your day do you really want to deal with jampacked grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You’re going to go home and use what you have in the cupboards. Your home should be filled with healthy foods and ingredients. This makes it easy to have a good meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is naturally better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are a good deal of things that factor into getting healthy. Intensive gym visits and narrowly defined diets are not always the answer. Little things, when done each day, can do plenty to help you get healthy and lose pounds. Being smart when you choose your food and activities is where it begins. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. Don’t overlook that health isn’t only about just how much you weigh. It is more about making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to smothered pork chops recipe. You can have smothered pork chops using 11 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Smothered Pork Chops:
- Get 5 of strips of bacon cut into small pieces.
- Use 2 of onions sliced thin.
- Provide 4 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dry thyme leaves.
- Get 1 of salt and pepper.
- Use 3 cup of chicken broth.
- Take 1/4 cup of Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce.
- Use 2 tbsp of tapioca.
- Take 2 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 6 of bone in blade cut pork chops.
- You need 1 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar.
Steps to make Smothered Pork Chops:
- Cook Bacon.
- Place bacon on paper towel covered plate. Leave bacon grease in the pan..
- Using 2 tbs of bacon grease add onions, garlic, 2tbs of brown sugar, rhyme and a 1/4 tsp of salt. Cook until onions are soft and carmelized..
- Add 1 cup of chicken broth. Scrape pan to remove those yummy brown bits..
- Place in slow cooker with remaining chicken broth..
- Add remaining brown sugar, soy sauce, tapioca, and the bay leaves..
- Season chops with salt and pepper. (I browned my chops in skillet then I placed them in slow cooker.)This step isn't necessary though. Place in slow cooker and push into liquid..
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours..
- Place chops on a serving plate and cover with foil..
- Remove bay leaves ans skim as much fat as possible off of surface..
- Stir in vinegar and season to taste..
- I served it over mashed potatoes. Top that with sauce, bacon and chopped parsley..
To smother meat means to cook it low-and-slow in rich gravy until. Feast your eyes on the most amazing comfort food of all time- smothered pork chops! I love to serve this with mashed potatoes- either on the side or on top of t. Tired of the same old chicken recipes? These smothered pork chops have all the great flavors of a French onion soup, plus juicy pork chops, are made in one pan.
If you find this Smothered Pork Chops recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.