Step-by-Step Guide to Make Any-night-of-the-week 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everyone knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a wholesome and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. The sad thing is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have enough time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Working out at the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. People crave junk food, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). You should be pleased to learn that getting healthy doesn’t always have to be super hard work. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some basic ways to get healthful.
Consider the stairs. Instead of choosing the elevator, ascend the stairs to your floor. Obviously this isn’t as plausible if you work on the 25th floor of a high rise, but if you work on the fourth, climbing the stairs is a great way to get some exercise in. Even if your office or home is on one of the top floors, you can decide to get off of the elevator early and take the stairs the rest of the way. So many people pick the elevator over clambering even a single flight of stairs. That just one flight of stairs—when taken a several times a day—can be just the added boost that your system needs.
There are all kinds of things that you can do to get healthy and balanced. An costly gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. You can do tiny things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart about the decisions you make each day is a start. Trying to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. Remember: being healthy and balanced isn’t just about slimming down. It has more to do with making your body as sturdy as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe. To cook 15 bean cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice you only need 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Get 1 bag (20 oz) of hurst ham beens 15 bean cajun soup mix.
- Take 1 of medium white or yellow onion diced.
- Use 1/2 of green bell pepper diced.
- Take 1/2 of red bell pepper diced.
- You need 3/4 cup of celery diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare of Seasoning packet from beans.
- Use 2 tablespoons of parsley.
- Take 4 cups of filtered water.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Provide 1 of ham hock.
- Get 2 packs (12 oz) of each beef smoked sausage sliced and halfed.
- Use of Juice of 1 small lemon.
- Provide 1 can (14.5 oz) of petite diced tomatoes don't drain.
- Provide 2 teaspoons of Italian seasonings.
- Take 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Get of For rice 👇.
- Get 3 cups of white instant rice.
- You need 3 cups of filtered water.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- Use 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Take 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Take 4 tablespoons of butter.
Steps to make 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice:
- Rinse and sort through beans and check for unwanted debris and discard..
- In slow cooker add beans, onion, peppers, garlic, celery, parsley, seasoning packet, broth and water. Mix up and add ham hock in..
- Cover and cook on high for 8 or 9 hours (don't open lid while cooking).
- Brown sausage in a skillet on medium high heat and set aside in refrigerator till ready for use..
- After 8 hours check beans for doneness. If tender remove ham hock and remove fatty outside and shred and add to soup. Add in browned sausage, tomatoes, Italian seasonings, lemon juice, butter, salt and pepper. Stir up and cover and continue to cook for about 30 more minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and then add in rice, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes covered..
- Serve with rice and enjoy with some buttered cornbread on the side.
Use bulk Italian sausage in the soup. Brown in a large skillet over medium heat, drain, and then add to the soup. Soak your beans in bowl of water overnight. In large stock pot saute your onion and pepper in oil until tender. Add in your water, ham bone, ham and beans and bring to a boil.
If you find this 15 bean Cajun soup mix with smoked sausage & rice recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.