Recipe of Award-winning Red beans with ham
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Red beans with ham recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red beans with ham recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Techniques To Live Green Plus Conserve Money In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the surroundings. That has totally changed now, since we all seem to have an awareness that the planet is having problems, and we all have a part to play in fixing it. Unless everyone begins to start living more green we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. This must happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become a goal for every individual family. The cooking area is a good place to start saving energy by going a lot more green.
Changing light bulbs is definitely as good an area to begin with as any. Naturally you shouldn’t confine this to merely the kitchen area. The typical light bulbs are the incandescent type, which must be replaced with compact fluorescent lightbulbs, which save energy. They cost somewhat more initially, but they last ten times longer, and use much less electricity. One of the pluses is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it signifies that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will certainly end up at a landfill site. Coupled with different light bulbs, you should learn to leave the lights off when they are not needed. In the kitchen is where you’ll frequently discover members of a family, and often the lights are not turned off until the last person goes to bed. Obviously this also happens in other rooms, not simply the kitchen. Make a habit of having the lights on only when they are required, and you’ll be amazed at the amount of electricity you save.
As you can see, there are many little items that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living just isn’t that hard. A lot of it really is merely using common sense.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red beans with ham recipe. To cook red beans with ham you only need 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Red beans with ham:
- Take 1 of leftover ham on bone with about 1 pound of meat left on it.
- Take 1 of handful of garlic cloves (about 5-7).
- Provide 1 of medium white onion cut in sixths.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of course ground black pepper.
- Use 1 of juice from cooking ham.
- Get 1 lb of beans (I used light red kidney beans).
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp of Zatarain's Creole seasoning.
- You need 1 of enough water to cover ham halfway.
- Provide 2 cup of water (may need to add more).
- Prepare 1/2 can of rotel.
Steps to make Red beans with ham:
- In a crock pot put pepper garlic onion then put Ham on top.
- Add the juice from cooking the Ham and enough water to come halfway up the ham cook on low over night.
- In the morning add the beans (make sure to look through them) Zatarain's Creole seasoning ½ can rotel and 2 cups water.
- Cook on low all day. When you get home or at some point during the day check the liquid level. Add more if necessary..
- Eat over rice with some corn bread..
Get one of our Ham and red beans recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. Add the beans, ham, ham bone, water, worcestershire sauce, parsley, thyme, bay leaves, lemon juice, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Place the beans in a large saucepan, and cover with at least three times the amount of water as there are beans. Bring the pot to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Drain the beans and set aside.
If you find this Red beans with ham recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.