Recipe of Favorite Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Methods To Live Green And Save Money In The Kitchen.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern about the well-being of the surroundings. Those days are over, and it seems we all realize our role in stopping and perhaps reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the specialists, to clean up the surroundings we are all going to have to make some changes. This should happen soon and living in ways more friendly to the environment should become an objective for every individual family. The kitchen is a good starting point saving energy by going a lot more green.
A lot of energy is definitely wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not running efficiently. If you can get a new one, they use about 60% less than the old versions that are more than ten years old. Maintaining the temperature of the fridge at 37F, in conjunction with 0F for the freezer, will save on electricity, while keeping food at the correct temperature. Checking that the condenser is actually clean, which means that the motor needs to operate less regularly, will also save electricity.
From the above it ought to be clear that just in the kitchen, by itself, there are lots of little opportunities for saving energy and money. Green living is actually something we can all accomplish, without difficulty. A lot of it really is merely making use of common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread recipe. To cook ham and beans with potatoes and cornbread you need 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread:
- Provide 1 of smoked Ham (or just use a ham steak).
- Take of Fresh Green Beans (as many as you want).
- Prepare of Red potatoes (not too many).
- You need 1 pack of smoked bacon (reserve the grease).
- Take 1 stick of butter (cut up).
- Prepare 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 2 of chicken bouillon cubes (crushed).
- Use of Water (I used 2 bottled waters).
- Prepare of Garlic salt.
- Take of Black pepper.
- Use 1 tsp of white sugar.
- Get of Cornbread.
Steps to make Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread:
- Go through your beans and cut off the ends and cut them the way you like then soak them in water.
- Cut up your ham the way you like your pieces reserving any you don't use including the bone in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.
- Set your oven to 400 degrees and place the whole pack of bacon on a baking sheet Cook it anywhere from 15-20 minutes depending on your oven and depending on the cut of the bacon.
- When done place bacon to drain and reserve the grease then start making your corn bread and put it in the oven (that is another recipe).
- Wash and scrub your potatoes and leave them whole or cut up if too big.
- Cut up onion and garlic and set aside and cut your bacon into tiny pieces for later.
- Pour the water out from your beans and add to the pot then add bacon grease and stir to coat them well with the grease.
- Then add your water, chicken bouillon cubes, onion, garlic, garlic salt, pepper and sugar to the pot.
- Then put in your ham and stir then add potatoes and butter then lock it up and set for 30 minutes on pressure cook.
- When done add bacon pieces and stir ENJOY 😋💋💗.
- Don't forget to take your corn bread out of the oven !! 😝.
- Cooks note* If you don't like your ham cooked anymore than it already is in the package then don't add it until the beans and potatoes are done then set to pressure cook for 3 minutes with the beans and potatoes after all a smoked ham is already cooked.
Serve in individual soup bowls along with cornbread. The beans are pretty much done, so you can just cover and turn the heat off for awhile while you make the cornbread. I try never to eat beans without it. And cornbread, I've found, is such a personal thing. People are very rabid and passionate about the kind of cornbread they prefer, and it almost always relates back to the variety the ate during childhood.
If you find this Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.