How to Make Speedy Smothered Pork Chops
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Smothered Pork Chops recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Smothered Pork Chops recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Smothered Pork Chops recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Basics of Being Healthy.
You already understand that, to achieve true health, your diet needs to be balanced and nutritious and you need to get a good amount of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn’t something people make time for when they get off from work. People crave salty and sweet, not veggies (unless they are vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be irritating. With practice you can get all of the nutrients and the exercise that you need. Here are some of the best ways to be healthy and balanced.
Climb stairs. Rather than using an elevator, walk up the stairs to the floor you live or work on. While this will be tough to do if you live on or if your job is on a extremely high level floor in a skyscraper, taking the stairs to a home or office on, say, the fifth floor is totally do-able. Even if you do live or work on one of the upper floors, you can still get off of the elevator first and climb up the stairs the rest of the way. Lots of people choose the easy elevator ride instead of making an attempt on the stairs. Even if you only have just one flight to climb, climbing up and down it during the day is a great way to get additional exercise.
There are all sorts of activities that you can do to get wholesome. An expensive gym membership and very hard to stick to diets are not the only way to do it. You can do little things every day to improve upon your health and lose weight. Being smart when you choose your food and routines is where it begins. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also necessary. The numbers on the scale aren’t the only indicator of your healthfulness. You really want your body to be powerful too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to smothered pork chops recipe. To cook smothered pork chops you only need 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Smothered Pork Chops:
- Take 2 of pork chops.
- You need 1 of salt.
- Take 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 of Seasoned salt.
- Provide 1 of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of Old Bay Seasoning.
- Use 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Take 1/4 stick of butter.
- Take 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of flour.
- Use 2 cup of water.
Instructions to make Smothered Pork Chops:
- Season pork chops with pepper, Old Bay seasoning, garlic powder, seasoned salt & Worcestershire sauce(the exact amount of these seasonings is to your liking). Let it marinate for 30 minutes..
- Heat frying pan and add butter & olive oil. Then add onions & sauté until onions are translucent..
- Next remove onions and add pork chops to the already heated pan (DO NOT empty olive oil and butter from the pan). Cook pork chops over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on both sides. Remove chops from pan and set aside..
- Clean pan or use another pan..
- Add vegetable oil to the pan over medium heat, slowly adding the flour to the pan(all of the flour should be moist with the vegetable oil. If there are dry spots of flour, add a lil more oil). This is the start of a roux for the homemade gravy. Brown the roux to the color of your liking for the gravy (make sure to stir it so it wont burn). The longer you leave it in the pan the darker the gravy..
- After roux is the color you prefer, next slowly add the water while stirring at the same time(DO NOT add all of the water at once because you will have big clumps of dough when finished). Once all of the water is added, add pepper & a dash of seasoned salt to mixture..
- Last add pork chops and onions to the gravy over low – medium heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, flipping chops occasionally..
- ******MORE OR LESS WATER MAY BE NEEDED, depending on the thickness of the the gravy you want ( thicker gravy, add less water…thinner gravy add more water).******.
If you find this Smothered Pork Chops recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.