Recipe of Award-winning Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado – Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado – Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado – Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Can save you Money.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the ecosystem. That’s a thing of the past now, with all people being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we are not able to transform things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. These changes need to start occurring, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Read on for some methods to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
A lot of energy is actually wasted when fridges and freezers, both heavy users of electricity anyway, are not working efficiently. If you happen to be in the market for a new one, the good news is that compared with models from 10 or more years ago, they use about 60% less electricity. The right temperature settings for your fridge and freezer, whereby you’ll be saving electricity and optimising the preservation of food, is 37F as well as 0F. Checking that the condenser is clean, which means that the motor needs to operate less regularly, will also save electricity.
As you can see, there are many little things that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Environmentally friendly living is not really that hard. It’s about being sensible, more often than not.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to filipino pancit bihon guisado – vermicelli noodles stir fry recipe. To cook filipino pancit bihon guisado – vermicelli noodles stir fry you only need 25 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado – Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry:
- Take 1/2 of small cabbage (red/regular), julienned thickly.
- Get 1/4 bunch of Chinese pechay, chopped (optional).
- Provide 1 handful of green beans, cut 1in.
- Provide 1 of good sized onion (red, white or combo), julienned.
- Take 5 cloves of garlic minced.
- Provide 1 of large carrot, julienned.
- Provide 1 of celery top stalk chopped.
- Provide 3 of full pinches chopped celery leaves.
- Take 1 of bell pepper/capsicum, julienned.
- Provide 3 of mild green chilies (optional).
- Take 1/2 of chicken bouillon or broth cube.
- You need 1/2 cup of pork tips (optional).
- Take 2 of chicken breasts or rib part bone-in.
- Take 3 of chicken livers (optional).
- Provide 1-2 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Use 1/2 c of small shrimps, peeled (optional).
- You need 1/2 c of fried fish balls, halved (optional).
- You need 1 of big pc of dried woodear, soaked, julienned (optional).
- Get 2-3 Tbsp of soy sauce (light, dark or combo).
- Use 3-4 Tbsp of cooking oil.
- Provide 1 pack (250 g) of vermicelli noodles.
- Take to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Take of Fried minced garlic (optional garnish).
- Take 4-6 of halved Calamansi or sliced lime, on the side.
- Take of Green onions, cut into garnish size (optional garnish).
Instructions to make Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado – Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry:
- Salt & pepper the chicken, liver and pork tips. Par boil in a pot with the bullion cube then cut into strips or chop if you prefer bone-in and set aside. Wash and dip the vermicelli in clean water then leave to soak in the liquid used to boil the meat..
- In a deep pan or wok, sauté the garlic and onions. Drop in the bell pepper if you prefer it softer, if not, add later..
- Add chicken, pork, liver, shrimps, woodear mushrooms and sauté with a dash of soy sauce. The optional proteins are up to you. It can just be the basic chicken. It can also be leftover roast chicken or meat. That's why the Pancit is so versatile. 🙂 Sauté whatever you have at this point with the garlic and onions, except the already fried fishballs (add that when ready to serve)..
- Sauté 3 mins. Drop in the chilies now if you prefer a little heat. Mix in..
- The key note : the more protein and veggies, the tastier, so choose at least 2-3 to add in the wok from the optional ingredients..
- Add green beans, if any, carrots and the stalky parts of the cabbage. Sauté 3 mins..
- Drop in the remaining cabbage, pechay, and celery. Mix in. Season with salt and pepper..
- In a minute add the drained noodles into the wok. Stir/mix in the veggie-meat mix. Note: the pancit should not be dripping with liquid. The finished product should not be saucy. So drain well..
- Distribute the oyster sauce and soy sauce. Mix in thoroughly. You'll see the noodles change in color. Add in your fish balls, if any.
- Taste and add more oyster or soy sauce according to your preferred taste. Keep sautéing until desired softness (or al denté) of the noodles is achieved..
- At this point all the veggies, proteins, and noodles should be cooked so remove from heat and transfer to your serving bowl..
- Serve with green onions, fried garlic and calamansi on the side..
- How to eat? Get a serving, sprinkle with green onions and garlic on top. Then get a calamansi or lime slice (or two) and squeeze over the noodles, around the plate. Enjoy! :).
Stir-fry over high heat for half a minute. Then add the carrot, cabbage and snow peas. Then add the chicken stock, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. As I mentioned earlier, my favorite Filipino Pancit recipe is called Pancit Bihon and it's made with Bihon rice noodles, sometimes called "Rice Sticks." It's a very thin vermicelli noodle made from finely ground rice, just as you would use flour, a ground wheat. This gives them a very light and fresh taste and texture.
If you find this Filipino Pancit Bihon Guisado – Vermicelli Noodles Stir Fry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.