How to Prepare Homemade Potato Latkes
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Potato Latkes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Potato Latkes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato Latkes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about The Simple Ways to Be Healthy.
We all know that, in order to really be healthy and balanced, nutritious and balanced meal plans are important as are good amounts of exercise. However, we do not always have the time or the power that this type of lifestyle requires. When our work day is done, most people do not want to go to the gym. A hot, grease laden burger is usually our food of choice and not a crunchy green salad (unless we are vegetarians). The good news is that making healthy decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. If you are diligent you’ll get all of the activity and healthy food choices you need. Here are some of the best methods to be healthy.
Be wise when you do your grocery shopping. When you make good decisions at the grocery store, your meals will get healthier automatically. Think for a minute: you don’t want to go to a stressful grocery store or sit in a lengthy line at the drive thru at the end of your day. You want to go to your apartment and make something from your kitchen. Your home should be stocked with healthy foods and ingredients. This way—even if you decide on something slightly greasy or not as good for you as it could be, you’re still picking foods that are better for you than you would get at the local diner or fast food drive through window.
There are a good deal of things that work toward your getting healthy. Not all of them require fancy gym memberships or restrained diets. It is the little things you choose each day that really help you with weight loss and becoming healthy. Being intelligent about the decisions you make each day is a start. Wanting to get in as much physical activity as possible is another. Don’t forget that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. You want your body to be strong too.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato latkes recipe. To make potato latkes you only need 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Potato Latkes:
- Provide 5 of Eggs.
- Take 5 of Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- Provide of Pepper.
- You need of Salt.
- Take of Peeler.
- You need of Grater.
Instructions to make Potato Latkes:
- (One egg per potato) Crack the eggs into a medium-sized bowl. Add in pepper and salt and whip with fork. Have it be saltier than desired as the potatoes will absorb some salt..
- Grate or pulverize the onion into the egg mixture. (Pictured is the grater I use.).
- Peel and grate the potatoes into the eggs – this helps prevent the potatoes from browning..
- Heat up a skillet or frying pan with olive oil or an oil of your choice. Scoop out some latkeh mixture and shape it more on the thin side for a crunchiness. Be careful with making it too thick\heavy. It will be harder to flip over and is more likely to crumble..
- Keep experimenting to get your desired texture 🙂 We made it a bit too thick this time around- so it tasted like delicious potato kugel!.
If you find this Potato Latkes recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.