Steps to Make Ultimate Methi millet pilaf/Fenugreek pulao
Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Methi millet pilaf/Fenugreek pulao recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Methi millet pilaf/Fenugreek pulao recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Methi millet pilaf/Fenugreek pulao recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Cooking area Could save you Cash.
Until fairly recently anyone who expressed concern about the wreckage of the environment raised skeptical eyebrows. Those days are over, and it seems we all recognize our role in stopping and conceivably reversing the damage being done to our planet. According to the specialists, to clean up the environment we are all going to have to make some changes. Each and every family should start creating changes that are environmentally friendly and they have to do this soon. The kitchen area is a good starting point saving energy by going much more green.
You may prefer preparing food with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you a lot less money. Possibly the realization that an oven uses 75% more energy will motivate you to use the microwave more. Countertop appliances will certainly boil water or even steam vegetables more rapidly than your stove, and use a lot less electricity. You could well be forgiven for thinking that an automatic dishwasher uses more energy than washing dishes the old-fashioned way, but you would be wrong. You get the highest energy savings by totally loading the dishwasher before commencing a wash cycle. Preserve even more money by air drying or cool drying your dishes instead of heat drying them.
The kitchen alone offers you many small means by which energy and money can be saved. It is pretty uncomplicated to live green, all things considered. It’s related to being sensible, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to methi millet pilaf/fenugreek pulao recipe. To cook methi millet pilaf/fenugreek pulao you need 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Methi millet pilaf/Fenugreek pulao:
- Use 1 cup of banyard millet.
- Take 1 spoon of Cumin.
- Use 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Use 2 of tomatoes.
- Get 1 of potato.
- Provide 1 of Carrot.
- Take 1 cup of methi leaves.
- Provide 1/2 cup of coriander leaves.
- Take 1/3 cup of mint leaves.
- Get 3 tablespoon of oil.
- Provide 1 spoon of butter/ghee.
- Use 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Use 3 tsp of pao bhaji masala powder.
- Get to taste of Salt.
Steps to make Methi millet pilaf/Fenugreek pulao:
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and heat it. Once the oil is hot add cumin. Let it splutter. Then add chopped onion and saute for a while..
- Add ginger garlic paste, and cook it for about 4 minutes, until the aroma is off. Throw in all the vegetables simultaneously and saute for a minute. Then add the chopped Methi leaves, mint leaves, and coriander leaves together. Saute until shrinks..
- Wash and add barnyard millet, and water in the ratio as millet: water = 1:(2 and a half) Then add turmeric, chilli, coriander, pao bhaji powders, and salt. Then close the lid and let it cook for two whistles.
- Once the pressure is completely released by itself, open and fluff it. Using cooker is completely optional. This recipe can be done in a pan also, with half more cup of water. But it has to be checked once in a while..
- Add ghee and serve it with raita..
I will eat anything that's green, except frogs and snakes. I also love bitter gourd aka Karela (not to be confused with Kerala,the Indian state). Most people (read The Husband) don't like Karela because of the bitter taste. Back home, my aunt used to make a thick dal called. Its indeed a paradox because just when I have started cooking more than ever, my blog posts have dwindled down to about a post per month (on a good month that is).
If you find this Methi millet pilaf/Fenugreek pulao recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.