How to Prepare Perfect Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze
Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze. This lemon pound cake is sweetened with a fabulous lemon syrup glaze. The sweet lemon glaze gives this pound cake fresh lemon flavor. The cake can be baked in a Bundt cake pan or in two loaf pans.
Lemon zest and lemon juice are added to the batter, which lightly perfume the cake with lemon. Then, while the cake is still warm from the oven, I douse it with lemon syrup to further enhance the lemon flavor. Finally, I drizzle the cake with a tart lemon glaze, which adds a pop of intense lemon flavor to every bite.
Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, lemon pound cake with a simple lemon glaze. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze is something that I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
This lemon pound cake is sweetened with a fabulous lemon syrup glaze. The sweet lemon glaze gives this pound cake fresh lemon flavor. The cake can be baked in a Bundt cake pan or in two loaf pans.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook lemon pound cake with a simple lemon glaze using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze:
- Make ready 1 of and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour.
- Make ready 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Get 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Make ready 1 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature, softened.
- Take 4 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- Take 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Take 1/3 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Take of Lemon glaze.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of water.
Pour into a bundt cake pan that has been coated with shortening and flour. An hour after the cake comes out of the oven, invert the cake onto a plate. In a small bowl, mix the lemon juice and powdered sugar. Made with lemon juice, lemon zest, and topped with a lemon buttermilk glaze, this lemon pound cake recipe is scrumptious!
Steps to make Lemon Pound Cake with a Simple Lemon Glaze:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed for 5 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as and when needed and until the mixture is a paler colour and sugar is dissolved or almost fully dissolved..
- Next, crack the eggs into a bowl and beat with a fork just until the whites and yolks are well combined..
- To the sugar butter mixture, add in the eggs in 4 parts beating for about 50 seconds after each addition. To that, add in the milk, vanilla and lemon juice and beat for another 30 seconds on medium speed until everything is well combined..
- After, sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, and on low speed, beat until a smooth and thick but light batter is formed. With a spatula, give the batter a quick mix to ensure everything is well incorporated..
- Pour the cake batter into a greased 5 × 9 inch loaf pan and tap afew times on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees fahrenheit on the center rack for 40 minutes and then move to the top rack for an additional 20 minutes. After 60 minutes, a toothpick inserted should come out clean, if not, put the oven off but leave the cake in for 10 minutes, it should be done by then..
- While the cake cools, combine all the ingredients for the glaze in a medium saucepan over medium low heat and cook until the sugar fully dissolves..
- With a toothpick or a bamboo skewer, poke random holes all over the surface of the cake and pour the glaze all over the cake. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 20 minutes and then run a knife around the edges to take it out..
- Place on a serving platter and serve warm. I found caramel sauce goes well with this cake but is delicious as is as well..
- This cake keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 4 days in an airtight container and can also be frozen for up to 2 weeks in cling film and then foil. Happy baking!.
A sweet and slightly tart flavor greets your tastebuds first as you take a bite. That's immediately followed by the delicious taste of fresh lemon in the soft pound cake. This simple lemon pound cake is moist and rich, feels like springtime, and tastes incredible under a thick layer of lemon glaze. Here's exactly what you need to make if it's citrus season: grapefruit Greek yogurt cake. And if grapefruit isn't how you roll, iced lemon pound cake is a home run.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food lemon pound cake with a simple lemon glaze recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!