Simple Way to Make Quick Baked apple and sweet potatoes
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Easy Ways to Get Healthy.
Everybody knows that in order to truly be healthy you need to eat a nutritious and balanced diet and get a proper amount of exercise. The is that, at the end of the day, we don’t always have the time or energy required for a healthy lifestyle. Going to the gym isn’t something people want to do when they get off from work. We want a delicious, greasy burger, not an equally scrumptious salad (unless we’re vegetarians). The good news is that making wise decisions doesn’t have to be a chore. If you keep going with it, you’ll get all of the required nutrients and exercise. Here are some ideas to be as healthy as possible.
Be smart when you do your grocery shopping. When you make informed and wise purchases at the grocery store, your meals will get much healthier automatically. At the end of your day do you really want to deal with packed grocery stores and long waits in the drive through line? You want to go to your apartment and make a little something from your kitchen. Your house should be filled with healthy foods and ingredients. This makes it effortless to have a great meal–even if you want something junky–because you’ll be eating something that is naturally better for you than anything you’d buy in a hurry at the store or in the fast food joint.
There are all sorts of things that you can do to get wholesome. An costly gym membership and very restrictive diets are not the only way to do it. It is the little things you choose on a daily basis that really help you with weight loss and getting healthy. Make smart choices every day is a great start. A suitable amount of physical activity each day is also important. Don’t ignore that health isn’t only about how much you weigh. It is more about making your body as powerful as it can be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe. To make baked apple and sweet potatoes you only need 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked apple and sweet potatoes:
- Use 4 large of apples.
- Take 2 large of sweet potatoes.
- Provide 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 12 tbsp of cinnamon splenda blend.
- Use 2 tbsp of low fat margerine.
Instructions to make Baked apple and sweet potatoes:
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Wrap sweet potatoes in paper towels and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Flip potatoes and microwave another 6 minutes for 12 minutes total..
- Combine 2T ground cinnamon and enough sugar substitute to make about 1/2 cup cinnamon blend. I use Splenda because it bakes well and can be used in a 1:1 ratio to replace sugar..
- Remove potatoes and let cool..
- Core, peel and section apples into slices that are ~5-10 mm thick (1/4-1/2" thick). Add lemon juice and refrigerate to keep sections from browning..
- Peel sweet potatoes and slice into sections ~the same thickness as the apple slices..
- Build the dish as follows: layer sweet potato slices in bottom of casserole dish. Dab each slice with a little margerine. Sprinkle 2-3 T of cinnamon blend over the layer. Add a layer of apple slices and sprinkle another layer of cinnamon blend..
- Repeat step 7 until all the sweet potato and apple slices are used. The top layer should be apple slices sprinkled with cinnamon blend..
- Bake uncovered for ~50 minutes. Test apples to be certain they are done. Let stand 5 minutes and serve..
Fresh apples and sweet potatoes come into season in the fall, which makes autumn the perfect time to try out this recipe. Maple syrup adds a touch of dessert-like sweetness, while lemon zest balances it out with a bit of tang. Toss in the apples and sweet potatoes. Bake or microwave the sweet potatoes until done but still firm. When cool enough to handle, peel them and cut into ½-inch-thick slices.
If you find this Baked apple and sweet potatoes recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.