How to Prepare Favorite French Onion Soup
French Onion Soup. Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. French onion soup (French: soupe à l'oignon [sup a lɔɲɔ̃]) is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions, and often served gratinéed with croutons or a larger piece of bread covered with.
Sweet onions, melted cheese and finished with a gnarly top. French Onion Soup is probably one of the most epic soups in this whole wide world. And yet, the soup itself is made with very few core ingredients: butter, onions, flour and stock/broth.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, french onion soup. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup! With beef stock base, slow-cooked caramelized onions, French bread, gruyere and Parmesan cheese. French onion soup (French: soupe à l'oignon [sup a lɔɲɔ̃]) is a type of soup usually based on meat stock and onions, and often served gratinéed with croutons or a larger piece of bread covered with.
French Onion Soup is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. French Onion Soup is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have french onion soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make French Onion Soup:
- Make ready 2 tbsp of butter.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Make ready 5 medium of onions.
- Get 1 tbsp of flour.
- Make ready 1 tsp of rosemary.
- Take 1 cup of dry red wine.
- Make ready 6 cup of Beef stock.
- Get 1 of ground black pepper (to taste).
- Make ready 1/2 of baguette (cut into slices).
- Get 3 cup of provolone cheese (shredded).
- Get 1 tbsp of chives.
- Get 1 of garlic clove.
French onion soup is a bistro classic, the most homey and delicious example of good café cooking. But only a handful of frugal ingredients make up this restaurant favorite. Look, French Onion Soup a challenging soup to eat: chunks of chewy cheese and soggy bread floating on top.but it's supposed to be that way. I often suggest additions or subtractions to a recipe.
Steps to make French Onion Soup:
- To caramelize the onions. Heat the oil and butter in a large heavy bottomed Dutch oven or saucepan over low heat. Add onions. Cook onions stirring regularly until onions are dark golden brown color, about 45 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium. Add rosemary and flour. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Gradually stir in red wine. Let reduce for 5 to 10 minutes then add beef stock and simmer for 20 minutes. Finish with fresh ground pepper..
- Brush slices with olive oil and toast under broiler until lightly golden. Rub with garlic..
- Ladle soup into ovenproof bowls. Top each with toasted bread and provolone cheese. Broil until cheese melts and bubbles, about 2 to 3 minutes. Garnish with chopped chives.
Our French onion soup is deliciously rich and easy to make at home. This savoury soup is perfect for using up a garden glut and great for dinner parties. This easy yet classic french onion soup recipe is the perfect comfort food for those colder months. If you're a fan of French onion soup and have made it at home before, you'll probably notice two things. French onion soup is a hearty dish made with the comforting flavors of onions, beef stock, bread and cheese.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food french onion soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!