Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Ultimate Roasted Potatoes
Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Roasted Potatoes recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Roasted Potatoes recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Roasted Potatoes recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Green Living In The Kitchen area Can save you Cash.
It was not really that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern regarding the well-being of the environment. That’s a thing of the past now, with everybody being aware of the problems besetting the planet and also the shared responsibility we have for turning things around. The experts are agreed that we cannot adjust things for the better without everyone’s active contribution. These types of adjustments need to start taking place, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. Continue reading for some methods to go green and save energy, generally in the kitchen.
You may possibly prefer cooking with your oven, but using a microwave instead will cost you way less money. Perhaps the realization that an oven makes use of 75% more energy will motivate you to use the microwave more. Compared with your stove, you can make boiled water as well as steamed vegetables faster, and use quite a bit less energy, by using countertop appliances. You might reckon that you save energy by washing your dishes by hand, but that is not true. Especially if you make sure the dishwasher is full prior to starting a cycle. Don’t dry the dishes by using heat, make use of the cool dry or air dry functions to increase the money you save.
As you can see, there are many little things that you can do to save energy, and save money, in the kitchen alone. Green living is not that hard. It’s about being practical, usually.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to roasted potatoes recipe. You can have roasted potatoes using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Roasted Potatoes:
- Prepare 2 of Potatoes (quartered).
- Prepare 2 – 3 tbsps of Duck fat.
- Take 1/2 cup of Flour.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chili powder Cayene.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Paprika powder.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Barbecue powder.
Instructions to make Roasted Potatoes:
- Pre-heat oven to 180° C..
- Boil potato quarters in water and salt until just cooked. Be careful not to overcook. Drain and keep aside to cool..
- Pour duck fat into roasting pan and place in oven to heat. Be careful not to overheat the duck fat..
- In a bowl add flour, cayene chili powder, salt, paprika powder and barbecue powder. Mix well. Sprinkle over the boiled potatoes and shake them well to coat it thinly..
- Carefully put the potatoes into the hot duck fat. They will sizzle as they go in. Then roll them around so they are coated all over..
- Spread the potatoes in a single layer and roast for 15 mins before turning them over..
- Roast for another 15 mins before turning them over again..
- Put them back in the oven for 10-15 mins until they are golden and crisp..
Transfer potatoes to a large rimmed baking sheet and separate them, spreading them out evenly. Using a thin, flexible metal spatula to release any stuck potatoes, shake pan and turn potatoes. Drain the potatoes in a colander and give them a really really good shake – so it looks like they're on the verge of falling apart. Sprinkle with Maldon salt (the BEST for roasties) and a few fresh thyme leaves. The potatoes not only absorb flavor and salt, but more importantly the surface of the potato cooks, which is what forms the great crunchy texture in the oven.
If you find this Roasted Potatoes recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.