Recipe of Any-night-of-the-week Seafood Paella
Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, seafood paella. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Seafood Paella is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Seafood Paella is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook seafood paella using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Seafood Paella:
- Make ready 2 cups of chicken stock or 1 stock cube with 2 cups of boiling water.
- Get 2 cups of dry white wine.
- Get 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of saffron threads, crumbled.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of each salt and pepper.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Make ready 1 of red bell pepper, finely chopped.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- Make ready 2 of chorizo sausages, sliced into thin half-moons.
- Get 3 cups of Italian Arborio rice.
- Take 1 tin of diced tomatoes.
- Take 2 of tomatoes, quartered.
- Make ready 1 cup of Edamame beans (or peas).
- Prepare 450 g of prawn tails, cleaned (I deep fried the heads for fun).
- Take 400 g of half mussels.
- Prepare 400 g of calamari steak cut in strips.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped parsley, for garnish.
- Get 2 of lemons quartered, for garnish.
- Make ready 4 of chilies chopped, for garnish.
Instructions to make Seafood Paella:
- Prep all ingredients before your guests arrive. Assemble them next to the braai until you are ready..
- In a jug, mix together the wine and stock. Add the saffron and salt. Let the flavours marry for as long as possible..
- When the braai is ready, place a big paella pan on the grid. Heat the olive oil in that pan. Add the onion and red pepper and cook it until the onion is translucent. Stir in the garlic and chorizo and cook until fragrant..
- Add the rice. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes until the rice is toasted and coated in the oil, onion and pepper mix..
- Stir in the stock, tomatoes, peas and paprika. Taste for seasoning and add more salt, if necessary..
- Spread the rice evenly over the bottom of the pan. Cover the pan with foil and simmer the rice without stirring for 15 minutes, or until the rice absorbs most of the liquid. It's important not to stir the rice, even though you may want to. You want to create a crust at the bottom. If it starts to look too dry, add some water/wine, but not too much and DON'T stir..
- Add the seafood, nestle it nicely into the rice. Cover with foil and let the seafood and rice cook. This should take about 10 minutes..
- Remove the foil, check that the liquid is absorbed, that everything is cooked and adjust the seasoning, if necessary..
- Finally, check to see if the elusive 'socarrat' was created. This is the golden brown crust at the bottom of the pan. If you can, wait to see if you can create the crust, if not – better luck next time….
- Sprinkle with parsley and bring the whole pan to the table. Serve with lemons, chilli, more parsley and a lot more wine..
- Thanks simplyrecipes.com for the inspo.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food seafood paella recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!