Step-by-Step Guide to Prepare Award-winning Vegetarian Thai green curry
Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Vegetarian Thai green curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Vegetarian Thai green curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Thai green curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Guidelines For Living Green And Lowering costs In The Kitchen.
It was not that long ago that hippies and tree huggers were the only ones to show concern concerning the well-being of the surroundings. Those days are over, and it seems we all comprehend our role in stopping and possibly reversing the damage being done to our planet. Unless everyone begins to start living more eco-friendly we won’t be able to fix the problems of the environment. These kinds of adjustments need to start happening, and each individual family needs to become more environmentally friendly. The cooking area is a good starting point saving energy by going more green.
Start with replacing the light bulbs. Accomplish this for the whole house, not only the kitchen. You should change your incandescent lights along with energy-saver, compact fluorescent light bulbs. Although costing a little more originally, these bulbs last as long as ten of the standard type as well as using a lot less energy. One of the pluses is that for every one of these lightbulbs used, it signifies that approximately ten normal lightbulbs less will certainly end up at a landfill site. You also have to acquire the routine of turning off the lights when there is nobody in a room. The kitchen lights in particular will often be left on all day long, just because the family tends to spend a lot of time there. Of course this also happens in different rooms, not merely the kitchen. Make a routine of having the lights on only when they are needed, and you’ll be astonished at the amount of electricity you save.
As you can see, there are many little elements that you can do to save energy, and also save money, in the kitchen alone. Eco-friendly living is not really that difficult. A lot of it really is simply utilizing common sense.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian thai green curry recipe. You can have vegetarian thai green curry using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Vegetarian Thai green curry:
- Take 1-2 tbsp of green curry paste.
- You need 400 ml of tin coconut milk.
- You need 3-4 of kaffir lime leaves (tear in half and take the middle wooden bit off).
- Use 2-3 tbsp of Thai fish sauce or soy sauce (vegan).
- You need 1-2 tbsp of palm sugar (brown sugar).
- You need 1-2 handful of basil leaves.
- You need 1 tin of bamboo shoots.
- Take 1 of aubergine (chopped into bite size).
- Use 1-2 of big red chilli (thinly slices).
- You need 1 block of tofu (optional).
- Prepare of Seasonal vegetables of your choice – it can be brussel sprouts, sweetheart cabbage, green beans, carrots. All chopped into bite size.
- Provide of To serve – Thai jasmine rice or with rice noodles.
Instructions to make Vegetarian Thai green curry:
- Heat a couple tbsps of coconut milk in a saucepan over a meduim-high heat until coconut milk starts to bubbly. Add the green curry paste and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant..
- Add another 2-3 tbsp of coconut milk, fish sauce (or soy sauce) and sugar and stir well then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering. Add your vegetables start with hard vegetable first ie. carrots, cabbage, brussel sprouts, green bean and bamboo shoots..
- Add some more coconut milk and continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes until you see gorgeous green oil separated from the coconut milk a little bit..
- Add the rest of the coconut milk in. I normally add some water about half of tin coconut into the saucepan too. Taste your sauce, it should be salty, sweet, nutty and spicy..
- Stir occasionally then add some basil leaves at the last minute and stir well..
- To serve, spoon your jasmine rice into four serving bowls, then ladle over the vegetarian Thai green curry..
If you find this Vegetarian Thai green curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.