How to Make Homemade Lasagna Casserole
Lasagna Casserole. Like traditional lasagna, this casserole also freezes well. Cool the baked casserole, wrap either the whole casserole or individual servings in plastic and foil, then freeze for up to three months. Tuna casserole becomes an elegant meal with layers of lasagna noodles and classic tuna casserole ingredients.
In the mood for lasagna but not the work-try this. Serve with a salad and garlic bread. This recipe from an e-cookbook called "Casserole Crazy" This recipe turned out really well.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, lasagna casserole. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Lasagna Casserole is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Lasagna Casserole is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
Like traditional lasagna, this casserole also freezes well. Cool the baked casserole, wrap either the whole casserole or individual servings in plastic and foil, then freeze for up to three months. Tuna casserole becomes an elegant meal with layers of lasagna noodles and classic tuna casserole ingredients.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook lasagna casserole using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Lasagna Casserole:
- Take 16 oz of uncooked pasta, shape is your choice. I use elbow mac, rotini, or penne. If you can find mini lasagna noodles go for it, bow tie works good too.
- Get 2 cups of or so Mozzarella cheese for topping.
- Make ready of Sauce.
- Get 2 lbs of ground meat, personally we like 1/2 beef and 1/2 venison. You could use pork, turkey, sausage, whatever.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of olive oil, if your meat lacks fat.
- Take 1/2 of large onion, diced.
- Make ready 3-4 cloves of minced garlic.
- Make ready to taste of Salt and pepper.
- Get 1 tbsp of dried basil, oregano, and parsley.
- Get 44 oz of jar of pasta sauce, and a little water to rinse out the jar.
- Take 6 oz of can of tomato paste (optional for more intense tomato flavor).
- Get 1 tbsp of cooking sherry.
- Take 1-2 tbsp of red wine vinegar (cuts the sweetness).
- Take Pinch of sugar to bring flavors together.
- Get of Cheese filling layer.
- Take 24 oz of cottage cheese or ricotta (full fat tastes best).
- Take 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of parsley.
- Get 1/2 tsp of pepper (use slightly more if coarse ground).
- Make ready 1/2 cup of grated parmesan.
- Prepare 8 oz of shredded Mozzarella cheese.
I will be making this again as it takes a lot less time than. Easy Pressure Cooker lasagna casserole recipe our whole family loves. Cheesy Instant Pot lasagna but in a casserole which makes it much easier to make! Your family will love this lasagna casserole, full of great lasagna flavor with less work!
Instructions to make Lasagna Casserole:
- Bring large pot of water to boil, salt water and cook noodles to al dente. Drain and set aside..
- Brown meat, and as meat is getting close to done add in onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until onions are getting translucent, and add herbs (oregano, parsley, and basil). Then add pasta sauce and tomato paste if using. Stir well together, add the vinegar and sherry. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, add the sugar, then let simmer together for an hour. Watch bottom of pan that it doesn't scorch..
- Heat oven to 375. Put your cheese and two eggs into a bowl, beat together until smooth (important for if you use cottage cheese instead of ricotta, helps smooth out out. Cottage cheese also spreads easier during assembly). Stir in pepper, parsley, and parmesan. Finally mix in Mozzarella cheese..
- Once all your components are assembled, spray a 11×16 casserole pan with cooking spray. You will assemble starting with 1/3 of the noodles, 1/3 of the sauce, and 1/2 of cheese mixture. Repeat the layers, and end with last third of noodles topped with sauce. Finally spread 2 cups of Mozzarella cheese over top of the casserole..
- Cover with foil, bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes, if you want the cheese on top browned and slightly more crispy put under the broiler for a hot minute. Allow to cool for 10 minutes to set up before dishing up. Feed to hungry children and husband!.
This is an easy weeknight meal that's kid-friendly. This EASY lasagna casserole recipe is cheesy and oh so yummy! Quick and easy lasagna casserole is the best dinner for busy nights. Lasagna Casserole has all the elements of the traditional lasagna. It has the noodles, the meat, the cheese, and the sauce but the process is quick and easy!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food lasagna casserole recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!